Frequent Contributor
thanks
Accepted Solution

Add computer to my account

Hi -

I've read and read instructions but still don't get how to add my sister's PC to my account so I can access her PC from my machine.

While I'm at her PC, do I enter her name and password to establish an account?  Do I do anything else?  When I'm at my PC, what info do I need to plug in to get to her PC?

Thank you for answering these very novice questions.

Exalted Contributor
KGHalbe

Re: Add computer to my account

While at your sisters comptuer, log onto YOUR Logmein account and click on ADD COMPUTER.

Then, you can access her computer from YOUR computer by logging into YOUR Logmein account and selecting her computer from your list of accessible computers.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Frequent Contributor
thanks

Thank you very much.  Will use this info over the weekend.  Really appreciate your help.
Frequent Contributor
thanks

Hi, again.  I was successful, but have another question: Am trying to add a second computer, but when I hit Add Computer, it's instructing me to download and, of course, I have already downloaded LMI. 

How does one add additional computer(s).  Thanks very much.

Exalted Contributor
KGHalbe

The same way you added your sisters computer.  You MUST be at the machine that you want to add - physically in front of the machine.  Log onto your account FROM that machine, and click on ADD COMPUTER.

That should do it.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Frequent Contributor
thanks

Again my thanks for your patience.

She and I share the same online cable setup/telephone number (guess we are networked??)--could that be a reason I get - after clicking on Add Computer - while at her PC the screen saying: Add Computer, Select a LogMeIn Product?

Sorry I didn't mention this before, but I didn't think of it until now.

Exalted Contributor
KGHalbe

[ Edited ]

Do you get to select from several LogMeIn products ?  They have things like IT-Reach, PRO, and FREE.  If you do get this option, just select FREE and it should then load the software on her machine, and then add her machine to your list in your account.

I am not sure where you are getting hung up at now.  

Message Edited by KGHalbe on 05-05-2009 05:27 PM
--

KGHalbe

Frequent Contributor
thanks

Okay.  I will try to be clearer in what I am trying to do:I want to add my PC so she can access it.

(She already has 2 computers she can remotely access listed)

I go to her PC, log on with my name/password.  I click Add Computer, I click Free; I click Download now.  I click Save File on the "Opening LogMeIn msi" window. 

File downloads to Desktop.  I click on it, choose Install.  I Run the file, click next.  Am presented with 'Previous installation detected" and 3 choices: Reinstall current version, Uninstall, Do not install.

What do I do now, what did I do wrong?  (As a reminder, we're networked)

Thank you!

Exalted Contributor
KGHalbe

Okay, here are a few tips that if you follow, you shouldn't have any trouble installing the FREE version:

1.)   A single computer can only be assoicated with a single account.  You can have secondary users, but the computer is still only assoicated with the single LMI account.

2.)  Whatever computer you are trying to associate with a LMI account, you have to do the installation FROM that computer.

3.)  You would log onto the LMI account that you wish to associate the comptuer with.

If your sister has her own LMI account, and you want to put your computer into her account, she would log into her LMI account, and click on the add computer FROM the computer she is trying to add.

So, I think you want to be at YOUR computer, have her log onto HER account, and click on add computer.

The fact that you are networked together, makes no difference.

Does that help ?

--

KGHalbe

Frequent Contributor
thanks

Thank you, yet again.One more basic question:

What constitutes an account? The remote PC one is trying to access?

Merci, Thanks.