New Contributor
RossC

Can you boot your computer through Log Me In?

Hi, I came to work today and forgot to turn my computer on to use Log Me In at work. Is there a way of being able to boot my compuer from work?
New Contributor
Spark

Re: Can you boot your computer through Log Me In?

If this is possible I would like to know as well cause it happend to me more than once !

Thanks !

VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

No, sorry but it can't be done with LogMeIn.

LMI does not support computers turned off, or in sleep or hibernation modes.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
Hefley

In Vista there's an option to "wake on network" or "boot from network" something like that.  If you turn that on, your computer will boot up or at least wake up from sleep mode when the network card receives a signal.

The discription in windows is that when you turn this option on it keeps power going to your network card only, and will "listen" for a network signal to boot up.  I believe this option is under the power managment section in control panel.  I'm not sure if it works with LogMeIn but it may be worth a shot.

VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

As of this time, LMI products DO NOT SUPPORT the Wake on LAN feature. 

Maybe in the future they will, but not at this moment.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
Jay-B

Although officially not supported i managed to use logmein when my computer is in sleep mode. I altered two settings:

1. Enable WakeOnLAN on the appropriate NIC

2. I had to Enable this same feature in the BIOS (i have an onboard NIC)

The only strange thing i have is that i cannot put it back in sleep mode. Somehow when i press sleep mode through logmein my computer locks down and does not enter sleep state. Off course this is not a big thing since it enters sleepmode after a while on it's own.

Active Contributor
AndrewES

Good to know thanks a lot! :smileyhappy: