New Contributor
potomacpctech

Cannot Save Passwords

Starting yesterday I can no longer save a password for either the Pro or Free version when logging in from Central.  A java or flash message is displayed briefly but disappears before you have the option of selecting yes or no.

Is this a known bug is a recent update?  I have reproduced it on multiple computers so I do not see how it can be a client setting in Java or Flash.

New Contributor
harley_nott

Re: Cannot Save Passwords

I too am having the same problem. I do not get the save password box and thus can't save passwords for ANY computer and what passwords are saved have been forgotton. 

Frequent Contributor
RTG-Admin

I am also having this issue. When saving passwords for our computers in Central we are finding that the next day or sometimes in the next few hours the passwords are longer "saved". Hopefully we can get some feedback regarding this bug.

Nathan

New Contributor
arbrichfa

I am having the same problem with Central. The issue also is independant of the browser - both Firefox and IE 9 will no longer allow me to save credentials although anything that was previously saved is still working.

Any ideas on this ??

Is there a limit to the file size that save the credentials ??

New Contributor
arbrichfa

Guys, we got this figured out.

With the help of a Level 2 LogmeIn Tech we figured it out.

I knew it had to do with some storage file size somewhere but I did not knwo where to find it.

If you go to this website:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

Yes we were suprised that it is still under the macromedia domain name however what comes up is your Flash Global Settings Panel.

The panel on the Website is your actual control panel on your machine.

If you go to the Website Storage panel tab second from the right then scroll down to the secure.logmein.com website you should see the default setting which is 100k max. If you select that line and slide the bar over to however large you would like including unlimited and then click on a different tab (I am assuming this saves it) then close and open your browser you should now be able to save more passwords.

Hopefully this helps someone else out.

Rich

New Contributor
EladL

This is great!

I also had this issue and I was looking for a solution for so long...

Thanks.

New Contributor
EladHaber

Thanks for posting this. It helped me out too!

New Contributor
MSolutions

Thank you!

I've been dealing with this for a while and your solution resolved it!

HL
New Contributor
HL

That works! Thank you very very much!! I've spent lots of time to fix this, but failed. A LMI support person wanted to sell me a copy of Ignition (which I don't like), instead of trying to solve the problem. Thanks again!

New Contributor
Dr-D

I could kiss you this makes me so **bleep** happy. THANK YOU!!!!!