cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phkc070408
New Contributor

Connection hanging on verify identity

I have a MacBook Pro with Yosemite and LogMeIn Pro.  I have a problem where every once in a while, while I'm in the middle of using my computer, my connection will freeze.  My only option is to disconnect and re-connect, but at that point, I get stuck on Verifying Identity.

I only get stuck o Verifying Identuty when trying to remote control.  When I go into the file manager, I am able to connect.

If I try to restart the computer, it shuts down and remains off.  I tried using the restart feature on LogMeIn and I tried to remote into a different mac and use that to remote into my MacBook Pro (very akward).  Either way, when I restart, my computer just shuts down and stays off until I can get home to turn it on.

I took a screenshot of my screen when I am stuck on verifying identity, but I don't know how to post it.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.  This is highly frustrating.

2 REPLIES 2
diaries

Re: Connection hanging on verify identity

my logmein is stuck on verify identity, what can i do?

Anon3154

Re: Connection hanging on verify identity

I finally discovered the issue preventing me from connecting and getting stuck on "Verify identity"

I uninstalled Citrix Workspace and it worked! I believe the reason Citrix was the issue, is because on installation of a newer version, it now gives an additional option called App Protection to help prevent screen capture and keyboard logging software from running (a.k.a. this applies to LogMeIn!). Solution for me was to uninstall Citrix, reboot, then reinstall Citrix WITHOUT the extra security.