New Contributor
kevinmmiller
Accepted Solution

Disconnected

I have set up a new (Windows 7) computer (parent's computer), my desktop at work, another computer at work, and another desktop at home to host. Three of the computers have the trial version of Logmein Pro2, and one has the free version installed.

The problem I am experiencing, no matter which computer I am logged into, the remote control session is disconnected within about 3 minutes. This happens when I try to remote control one of the computers from home, or from work. It appears that the file manager and other information continues to work. I have looked in the forums and did not find any information regarding this (or any solutions). Am I the only person who is having difficulty? What should I look for?

Thank you in advance for any assistance or replies.
New Contributor
kevinmmiller

Re: Disconnected

Well, may have found "an" answer, if not "the" answer. As stated above, the file manager, and everything else works. So, if I want to start a remote control session, I click on the Icon for the remote control, not the words. A drop box appears, giving me the option of choosing Mozilla, Flash, Java, etc. If I choose Java, I am able to initiate and maintain the remote session for as long as I require. While still utilizing the plug in for the browser when using file manager, etc.

I hope this makes sense, to anyone who may be experiencing similar problems.
New Contributor
evogel

I do not see this option. Where is it? Is it in the free version?

New Contributor
krishmellach

Having the same problem with Logmein Pro.

Tried Logmein with both Firefox and IE (32 and 64-bit) on Windows 7, I keep getting disconnected in 3 minutes. This does not happen on a Windows XP desk/lap-top.

Does logmein support Windows 7 via the plugin?

The Java solution you mentioned does work, but I cannot get the full-screen beyond the browser limitations.

New Contributor
savalos81

thank you...that worked