cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cedders22

Re: LogMeIN Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software...

Was there ever a resolution to this as I'm getting htis error message all the time now despite having been with Logmein for years. Win7 home version.

Jezzer
New Contributor

I'm getting this issue with a newly installed client. It's popped up an error on his screen, asking if he wants to submit an error report. I connected remotely, clicked send report and to do so automatically without notification, so he won't be directly bothered by it.

Here is the Event log message:

LogMeIn Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software installed on this machine. The problem is locally identified by the following reference ID: '6911349d0238319cf18ba9c5b2b1a975'.

I haven't noticed it causing any problems yet. But I would like to know what is causing it.

It's a Windows 7 pro laptop.

ROBSAL
New Contributor

Has there been a resolution for this ??

104 LogMeIn Guardian SYSTEM 9/15/2014 10:01 AM POS
Category: General
Message:  LogMeIn Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software installed on this machine. The problem is locally identified by the following reference ID: 'aa0951b1611d1682f10c4a8453d4c3ab'.

j_helland
Active Contributor

I've had this now on several of my LMI Pro installations. The only way we've been able to get rid of it is to uninstall the LMI software, reboot and do a reinstall. Would be nice if there were a quick fix issued by the folks @ LMI instead of having to do it this way. 

mikepfly2

I tried to pass the presenter role to one of my clients and they kept getting this error. It worked fine with the same client lat week. We had to use the Clients WebEx software instead which doesn't make me look very professional...

Any fix? This caused by the updated join.me software?

videosean

Having the same problem for 2 or 3 weeks now, windows 7 64 bit, intel i7 3770k, 16gb ram.  The error id the guardian gives is all zeros.  I've tried reinstalling.  I've uninstalled, restarted, then reinstalled.  No idea what to do about this other than to petition the company I work for to use a solution for meetings that works for everyone.  Been using joinme for over a year without problems prior to this.

Consultant64
Regular Contributor

I have read each post but hardly anyone gives their operating system, anti-virus, or any particulars of their computers. If you are still having these issues I would suggest adding an exclusion to your firewall and checking your exclusions in your anti-virus. For example Avast in hardened mode may silently block complete access so you would enter *\LogMeIn as the path in File System Shield, this would also apply to windows firewall.

"If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

"At this point in time, the Internet should be regarded as an Enemy Weapons System!"
StronglyTyped
Active Contributor

I think I found the problem, and a fix.

It seems like if your Log Me In credentials are the same as your PC's login credentials, it causes this error. To resolve, reset your LMI password to one that's different from your PC's password. One way to do this is to start LMI, go to View > Options and click Delete all stores login credentials, and then when the password prompt come up, click Forgot Password.

eric-b
Active Contributor

I am getting the same error on my windows server 2012. It's only happening on that server. This is the error: LogMeIn Guardian has detected a problem with the LogMeIn software installed on this machine. The problem is locally identified by the following reference ID: '7f3d314da48078191679a895f7c6f405'.

The software works otherwise, so maybe the client is incompatible with 2012 servers?