New Contributor
greyhouse

LogMeIn and Google Chrome Browser Instructions - how to make LogMeIn work with Chrome

I've seen lots of posts where people can't get LogMeIn to work using Google Chrome. I've tried to reply to the posts, but some threads seem to be closed, so am posting this here. Hope it helps.

To get Chrome to work with LogMeIn you have to access your computers this way:

1. Log In to https://secure.logmein.com as usual.

2. On your "My Computers" screen click the "Main Menu" link under the computer you want to control (DO NOT click on the big, green "Remote Control" link.

3. Enter your Username and Password for control of the remote machine -- you will then be taken to the "Dashboard" view of the remote machine.

4. On the left-hand navigation menu click on the icon of the computer to the left of the words "Remote Control" (again, DO NOT click on the words Remote Control, but the computer icon to the left of those words.

5. You will now see connection options for remote control. Select "Flash" and you are good to go.

Chrome does work with LogMeIn but the Remote Control does not default to flash for chrome because of the shared plugin ties with Firefox, it tries to load the Firefox plugin and hence your error message.

You have to access this way to get it to work.

The Flash isn't bad for a quick control, but LogMeIn really, really needs to write a dedicated Chrome extension -- especially with Chrome OS launching later this year, GoogleTV and all sorts of other goodness coming out of Mountain View, CA.

Hope this helps,

-graham

New Contributor
hartsook

Re: LogMeIn and Google Chrome Browser Instructions - how to make LogMeIn work with Chrome

This solution does NOT work. Hovering over the Remote button in the sidebar in Chrome (Mac) whether it's the words or the icon to the left, it all just links to .../remctrl.html EXACTLY the same link as the Remote Control button in the main pane of the window. There is NO difference among these and NO option for connecting via Flash.

Not supporting Chrome-based browsers whether directly from Goole or now from RockMelt is a FAIL.

LogMeIn Contributor
KevinWatson

Re: LogMeIn and Google Chrome Browser Instructions - how to make LogMeIn work with Chrome

Hello greyhouse,

Thanks for your contribution to the community! Chrome, when used from a windows client, does technically work with LogMeIn using the Flash version of remote control. However, when using Flash, features like the drag-and-drop file transfer and remote printing/sound do not work. The best way to use remote control is always to use the plugin in either Internet Explorer or Firefox.

If you have trouble using either of these browsers, or the LogMeIn Plugin, you can always contact our support online:

https://secure.logmein.com/US/contactus/

Regards,

Kevin Watson
Technical Support Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
Email: kwatson@logmein.com
New Contributor
dewittdale

I just disable all extensions and got relief.  Your workaround was ineffective.

Contributor
Ci2e

I haven't had any issues with Chrome and LogMeIn at all besides the fact that the magnifier seems to lag like crazy in Chrome so I use Firefox instead.

Anyone have similar experience or knows how to get rid of that lag.  There's a good chance it's just this particular XP machine I'm using, everything is definitely not up to date.  Still no issues with Firefox.

New Contributor
macurrie

Our company uses Chrome for everything. Its much faster than FF or IE and its hugely frustrating that we cannot use LogMeIn with Chrome to the point that we are considering closing our account and using another solution. To day I haven't read a single explanation from LogMeIn as to why they don't support Chrome as they do IE and FF. Simply dictating to paying customers what type of browser they should use in order to get the service to work they are paying for is unacceptable from a company of your size. Please confirm when you will be supporting Chrome. 

New Contributor
Pixelshock

Um.  Wow....RDR (Remote Desktop Rage!)

I'm a Chrome user myself.  And a web developer.  So I have a lot of browsers installed due to testing things.  And yeah....LogMeIn sucks under Chrome.  And I wish I didn't have to fire up Firefox to use it....but here's the thing:  It's called "I gotta click on my Firefox icon!  Oh Noes!".  Firefox is free by the way.  So is Chrome.  It's an extra click.  NOT a big deal.

Most folks who have messed with VNC madness and other alternatives to remote desktop solution already know how rock solid LogMeIn is.  Especially with their iOS apps.  You really wanna just drop it because you have to launch another browser?

They will get to it when they get to it.  Settle down Bevis.

New Contributor
tuquet

Sorry mate, Logmein may give you remote control but the other features do not work. You posted this a year ago and still logmein have not come up with a solution despite the fact that Chrome has now overtaken Firefox in the number of users.

New Contributor
Viktorian

New user to LogMeIn.  Which browser does it work best under - IE orFF??

Thanks

New Contributor
gsmoot

Why does LogMein support keep blowing off customers for chrome support when their most recent System Reqs lists chrome

See page 7 of this link, this is a 2012 coyright from LogMein

https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/documentation/EN/pdf/Free/LogMeIn_Free_UserGuide.pdf