Frequent Contributor
Anon72362

Re-installing LogMeIn Pro

How do I re-install LogMeIn Pro please?
I had much touble with the original installation and decided to remove it from my computer so that I could do a fresh installation.
However, when I try to download it from the website I am asked for payment again.
Is there anywhere on www.logmein.com that an existing, paying user can re-download the software.
Many thanks.
LogMeIn Contributor
Kris

RE: Re-installing LogMeIn Pro

I think you have to 'free up' your subscription. Just delete the old host on the website and then change the current host's subscription to Pro. 
(If you don't see your old host on the page, then ignore this post.)
Frequent Contributor
Anon72362

Thank you but I need to re download the software but it looks as if I have to buy it again using a different email address.
Any help would be really appreciated.
I cannot get through on the telephone 'help line'.
VIP Contributor
Andy Harvey

If you are trying at this very moment, Monday morning are always a busy time. Keep trying and you should get through.

Some questions:
  • Have you done a full manual uninstallation? If not, do a search of the forums and you'll get advice about that.
  • Are you using the same LogMeIn account details to download the software onto your original machine?
  • Have you deleted the original machine from your account?
    Please post the final resolution to your issue here.

Thanks,

Andy
  • Frequent Contributor
    Anon72362

Sussed it.
    I clicked edit and then deleted my computer (host)
    Can't quite remember the exact procedure from then but there was then an option to add a computer and to download the software.
    Frequent Contributor
    Anon72362

Here is the reponse I got from the helpdesk:

This solution pertains to both transferring a subscription to a new computer, and also if you had to reinstall your operating system or LogMeIn after a major system change.
    To transfer your subscription, please go to LogMeIn.com and log into your account using your email address and password.  On the My Computers page, click the Edit link  of the old computer which you no longer use.  On the Computer Details page, click "Delete this PC from My Computers".
    Next, while sitting at the new computer you would like to switch the subscription to, go to LogMeIn.com and download the LogMeIn software.  When prompted during installation, sign on with your current LogMeIn username and password.  When prompted, select the appropriate option to use your current subscription.

VIP Contributor
    Andy Harvey

Thanks for posting the resolution.

Andy
    New Contributor
    NB_Ken

Re: RE: Re-installing LogMeIn Pro

Perfect Solution, thanks