Reply
New Contributor
ebeth1
Posts: 1
1
Accepted Solution

Recent connect problem using HughesNet

I have been using Hughesnet for a few years. I have been set up on LogMeIn free for quite a time also. Up until 3 weeks ago I had no problem connecting with LogMeIn and now it gets to the Connecting screen and eventually times out. I have take my computer elsewhere and I can still get it but HughesNet has now suggestions as to anything that has happened on their end. When I talked with them tonight they told me to contact LogMeIn and ask them about if using a static IP might resolve the problem. Doesn't make sense but LogMeIn free doesn't let you call.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I noticed one post but no solution. Please help

TIA
Active Contributor
Tech One
Posts: 3
0

Re: Recent connect problem using HughesNet

It's most likely a HughesNet problem. Their "technicians", in my experience, really aren't all that great, and the HughesNet service is about the same level. I have a client who had to switch email addresses because they suddenly couldn't get their email via HughesNet...

I wonder if there are problems with SSL (or whatever encryption LMI uses) when the latency on the connection gets out to the 1 second range, like is does with HughesNet? Most high speed internet providers have latency in the 60-80ms range. With HughesNet it's more like 1000ms. Maybe LMI tightened it's security recently, and doesn't work quite right on long latency connections...
Jrk
New Contributor
Jrk
Posts: 1
0

Re: Recent connect problem using HughesNet

I had the exact same problem. Used LogMeIn for several years than all of a sudden on Jan.14, 2010 won't connect. I too called Hughesnet but they don't provide support for remote access. Would love to know what changed.
Frequent Contributor
While Away
Posts: 14
0

Re: Recent connect problem using HughesNet

Log Me In Administration!!

Did Log Me In tighten anything - change anything on their end? I am having the same problem as well.
PLEASE HELP US - If you have changed something OR can help us - go back to what ever it use to be!!

It is so crazy!!! And Frustrating!!!

Mike
New Contributor
ebeth6
Posts: 1
0

Re: Recent connect problem using HughesNet

I finally got mine to work. I had to uninstall LMI on my work PC and created a new account using my Hughesnet email address. Not sure if it had anything to do with the email address. This was after weeks of making sure both my work PC and my home laptop were completely updated
GD8
Active Contributor
GD8
Posts: 2
0

Re: Recent connect problem using HughesNet

I'm having the same problem. Just yesterday got Hughesnet Service and today can't connect to my home computers. I'm using LMI-Pro2 and submitted a ticket to LMI. Did that before I found your posts. So, hopefully they have an idea/solution for us.
Retired LogMeIn Contributor
Sean
Posts: 376
0

Re: Recent connect problem using HughesNet

We haven't changed anything in this regard, have you tried disabling their "Turbo Cache"
Sean Keough
Product Specialist, LogMeIn Customer Support
New Contributor
stanleykidz
Posts: 2
0

Re: Recent connect problem using HughesNet

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the LMI Active X Control. I have disabled the Turbo Page on my HN9000 receiver. I can get logged into Logmein, but just get the Connecting screen that eventually times out when trying to access any of the machines that I have set up. This started happening around March 3. I work from home so this is essential that you find the problem.
Thanks.
Retired LogMeIn Contributor
Sean
Posts: 376
0

Re: Recent connect problem using HughesNet

This problem is not on our end. The reason I suggested the above is that is what HughesNet is having their customers do when they call. Connectivity-wise, nothing has been changed on our side.
Sean Keough
Product Specialist, LogMeIn Customer Support
Frequent Contributor
ptmcdonald
Posts: 19
0

Re: Recent connect problem using HughesNet

For what it is worth, here is another HughesNet customer having identical issue. Been driving me crazy and finally this afternoon took the time to really scope the extent of the issue and have eliminated all other potential causes (firewall, Explorer settings, operating system, host and/or client configurations, etc...). This issue is absolutely isolated specifically to HughesNet. In my case HN7000S. I suspect it is related to the Web Acceleration at the NOC (Network Operations Center) and am attempting to test this by trying to disable it (not successful in that attempt yet... dropped in here first to see if anyone else had come up with a solution yet). EVerything was working fine up until the late Feb early Mar timeframe (cannot isolate it as I cannot recall specifically the last time it worked properly but was around then). Interestingly, inbound LMI connects into my HughesNet hosted machines work just fine, it is just outbound connects to outside hosts that are exhibiting this issue which is why I suspect the Web Acceleration is at issue. Of course, trying to pass this information on to Hughes and having them act on it is a waste of time. Their tech support people assume we all need help to find the power switch. I'm not even going to try because I've been down that rabbit hole too many times. Hopefully one of us will come up with a solution. I at least have a backup work-around (using wireless broadband backup connect which works just fine from same machines that won't connect via satellite). If through some miracle I stumble across a real solution, will come back and drop it in here.