Contributor
Ci2e

LogMeIn Simply Sucks

Here goes, I purchased a 1 year subscription to LogMeIn and was happy until I ran into financial hardship.  I contacted LogMeIn requesting that my subscription be pro-rated and my account be closed until further notice.  Customer Service basically told me straight up that my account would not be pro-rated and my account would be cancelled instead of automatically renewed at the end of the subscription cycle.  Which was surprising who wants to automatically renew a subscription to a service you hardly use?

Without my knowledge the Customer Service representative or the supervisor I requested to speak with automatically enrolled me in the LogMeIn Central trial giving me no opportunity to actually trial this software.

Customer Service is a joke! They're like, "NO, we're not giving you any of your money back, you should have never subscribed in the first place, OH and by the way we're going to tamper with your account and not tell you about it."

So LogMeIn, this will be the last time you get any business from me.

On the other hand I've had very pleasant experiences with TeamViewer, VNC, and Microsoft Remote Desktop.  Even Microsoft is better than this crap.  Don't waste your time with a greedy company like LogMeIn find another solution and live a happier life with more money lining your wallet/purse.

Die soon LogMeIn Inc., because you simply suck!

Frequent Contributor
samebrian

Re: LogMeIn Simply Sucks

[ Edited ]

This sounds pretty angry.

I'm willing to bet that LMI is not the only company that says "sorry, you already paid, signed, etc. We can't give you your money back".

I'm also willing to bet that after that, they tried to see what they could do and accidentally set you up with a trial.

That being said, I've never dealt with Sales support, only Technical support, who have always been awesome and even when I'm not really satisfied with the answer, it's the "right" answer. I'm just mad because I want my way and I can't get it (remind you of anyone...?).

*edit* Sorry for your financial hardship. It can be very difficult to get through and you kind of take on that "what can I get out of the world that it owes me" concept until you get back on your feet. Rest assured that unless you start yelling at the teller at the bank about how they can't charge you monthly fees because you wanted to close your account last week but you were "too busy" to come in and do it then, no one will think less of you for trying to squeeze those extra pennies out when you really needed it. In my opinion, why LMI is within their rights and this does not in any detract from the "business as usual" stuff, I am disheartened to hear that they were unwilling to help you out in your time of need.

I do feel the need to ask, though, how you would feel if you sold/leased someone something, they paid you, the money was "already spent", and they came back begging for the money, saying they don't need the item anymore. Sure you'd feel bad that they need the money or whatever, but if you "don't have it anymore" what are you to do? Take it off your next paycheque? What if 5 people return their item? How much do you have to lose out of pocket before you start telling everyone blanketly "no, you paid for it, you keep it!".

New Contributor
boubouman

Logmein sucks, because it offer "Logmein Free" to the public, but then tricks new users into a trial of "Logmein Pro" which has nowhere been clicked on.

That is evil.

New Contributor
BrianBurleigh

A 15 day trial that rolls into the free version if you decline to upgrade?

Oh boy, that sucks. I accidentally had access to more features than I intended for 15 days, for free, on top of having that same program, with the regular features, for free, forever.

Also, for anyone using this on a grand scale will know that when you build your installation packages from the console (which is not free, FYI) you will be able to choose if the trial of Pro will be installed or not (assuming you don't have paid-for Pro licenses to install).

New Contributor
jburk

Yea, boy, it really sucks that they give you the 'Logmein Pro' for a free 15 day trial and then automactically converts to the free version if you don't pay for the pro.  They do NOT trick you into paying whatsoever.  I have had the free version for a long time and every once in a while they would let me try the pro version again for a 15 day window.  I like what I can do for with the pro version that eventually I did pay a year subscription, but there is no trickery.

New Contributor
Peter-D

Here are my facts: For 3 years same rate for pro and central. Auto renewal. I go to reconcile my credit card and amount for pro subscriptions has doubled. Hmmm ... search my email for the notice. Nothing. In fact nothing to do with LogMeIn billing whatsoever. Contacted customer service. Asked why and was told they decided not to send billing emails lest they be confused with spam. Say what? I get other emails from LogMeIn all the time. No, I think they'd rather the billing not necessarily be noticed right away. So I too asked to remove two computers from the pro subscription but was told no after two months its too late. Yeah its been two months but also you never told me. Grrrrr. So conclusion is: Customers need to stay on top of LogMeIn account because they may suddenly and drastically increase the price and not be up front about it. Additionally they may charge your credit card for a renewal that maybe you don't want or don't want all of. You may not notice this until it is too late. Oh and it's been years and they still haven't fixed the headless Mac black screen problem. Draw you're own conclusions about LogMeIn but I'm disappointed. 

New Contributor
BrianBurleigh

Conclusion:

Auto-renewal usually includes a clause that the price will change without notice due to the autorenewal (whereas someone would normally be approached with the new price at the renewal date).

I do feel for you, but it really sounds like (a) you didn't go past Tier 1 and (b) you shouldn't have been using AutoRenew for systems that weren't worth paying extra for by accident.

Lesson:

Don't use AutoRenewal unless you NEED the service to be running. If so, plan for financial hiccups.

New Contributor
MNLLC

Actually LogMeIn is a great product, HOWEVER their marketing pratices are very deceptive, and how they spring the new pricing on you with less than 30 days notice and almost trap you speaks to their marketing practices. I agree that the product shouldn't be 100% free, but with all the other options out there LogMeIn is going to shoot themselves in the foot and lose ALOT of business.

The other thing to aware of is they AUTOMATICALLY RENEW your subscriptions without you knowing it, so be aware of your renewal dates.

Quite frankly all the product does on the back end is do a "hand shake" between your account and the computer you are connecting to, all the bandwidth and computer resources are used on your end.

BTW - We had over 400 computers on logmein central, but now are transitioning off, the pricing structure is too much.

New Contributor
BrianBurleigh

What are you transitioning to, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm finding that not only is the pricing scheme, etc. annoying (auto-renewals for some people means days of work just unclicking check boxes), but I'm also finding that the software is becoming more and more unreliable, rather than MORE reliable.

And this thing where LMI can't get around sending sticky keys to a VM inside Hyper-V 2012 is REALLY REALLY annoying. Especially since everyone had to have it explained to them to "leave the Yes/No dialogue up and just type in the password anyway" so they could actually get logged into a server.

I'm also finding that it "decides" to do an auto-update the very moment I remote into a server to do something critical. I'm not about to disable auto-updates, because I like them, but geeze that's an annoying 5 minutes while you explain to the customer "don't worry, you're online, I just can't connect to you yet".