Anon30197

Printing to local printer

Hi all,
Can someone help me figure out how I print to a local printer when logged on to my office computer remotely?  Trying to print a document where I am at instead of at my workplace.  Is that possible?  I'd appreciate any and all input!
Thanks!
Janet
Regular Contributor
JeremyS.

RE: Printing to local printer

Which version of LogMeIn are you using?
Jeremy Soltys
LogMeIn Customer Support Rep
New Contributor
Marionmi

I have the same problem, I can't print locally from a remote accessed computer.  I am using Log Me IT Reach
Regular Contributor
JeremyS.

Please note that the target-to-local printing feature is not available if you have Windows 95, 98, or Me installed on either computer. Also, please ensure that the computer you are connecting to remotely is the computer with the Pro/IT Reach license.

If you are having issues with target-to-local printing, try doing the following while sitting at the local computer (the one to which the printer is attached):

1. Click on Start > Run > type REGEDIT and click OK. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > LogMeIn. Right click on this LogMeIn folder and choose delete.

2. Then click on Start > Run > type SERVICES.MSC and click OK. Locate the Print Spooler and restart the service.

3. Now login to your LogMeIn account and connect to the computer from which you wish to print. Instead of taking Remote Control, select Preferences > Remote Control Settings > uncheck the box next to "Enable remote printing." Click apply at the bottom of the page. Then check the box next to "Enable remote printing" and click apply.

When you take Remote Control of the target computer, you should now be able to print locally. If the printer still doesn't connect, you will have to uninstall on the target computer and then reboot the computer.

To uninstall LogMeIn, click on Start, then select Control Panel. Next, open Add/Remove Programs, select LogMeIn, and click Remove. Also ensure that the LogMeIn folder is no longer present in C:/Program Files.

Next, please go to LogMeIn.com and log into your account using your email address and password.

On the My Computers page, click “Edit” next to the computer where the LogMeIn subscription is currently applied.

On the Computer Details page, click "Delete this PC from My Computers".

Next, select "Add Computer.” When prompted, choose “Use my existing subscription”

This will reinstall LogMeIn and should resolve the printing issue. function bodyOnLoad() { } function bodyOnBeforeUnload() { } function bodyOnFocus() { } function bodyOnUnload() { }
Jeremy Soltys
LogMeIn Customer Support Rep
New Contributor
payro

Re: RE: Printing to local printer

I am trying to print to print onto my local printer from the host printer.  I've followed all of your steps to include uninstalling and reinstalling logmein on the host.  But I am still having the same problem.  When I try to print it appears to be right except it doesn't print.  When I look in the printer detail the file I am trying to print is setting in there as DELETING - sent to printer.  It will remain in there in that status until I finally delete it from the spooler and refresh.

New Contributor
TCSrdam

Hello,

The above worked fine with the Windows PC, but if I want to log in from my Mac, I still don't see a printer.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Stephan

New Contributor
davidsteelerose

[ Edited ]

If I install Pro on a Windows 7 machine should I be able to print to a local printer connected to a Mac?