New Contributor
samlily

Problems with new LogMeIn

Hi,

I am free LogMeIn user. All the way the old version works perfectly. After today's auto updates, the problem occurs. I can log into my remote pc BUT cannot do anything. 

Hope the problem can be solved soon.

Active Contributor
puzzled

Re: Problems with new LogMeIn

Just spent over half an hour on the phone trying to talk someone through getting a remote pc logged into mine with the new software, seems it just makes internet explorer lock up, luckily they had firefox to fall back on (or should it be RELY ON !)

even the upgrade kicks up error messages to logmein, that should have triggered warning sign

seems like the new version hasn't been properly tested in the field :(

very disappointed

if it aint broke, don't fix it :lol:

(free and pro user)

New Contributor
samlily

Got an interesting findings:

If the remote PC got something popup, for instance, some notification from tray, it will lock up the whole screen and cannot click anything. Otherwise, the remote control still take effect.

sq
New Contributor
sq

Here it looks like it works faster but the only thing I really don't like is that I can't change the type from Java to ActiveX or normal JPG.

I had a remote pc with JPG on but it seems that when upgrading I can't change it back to ActiveX
New Contributor
GotMach

I agree with comments in other threads about the old user interface being better than the new one - easier to understand and navigate. However, since switching to the Pro2 software we have also experienced performance issues. Speed has diminished, but it is variable. Sometimes it is hardly noticeable, but at other times it is severe (have to wait many seconds for the screen to redraw).

Has anyone else noticed degraded performance since the software change?

New Contributor
wooglins

The new version is slow.   We have tested this between old and new versions, and the new version is very poor.   I hope they get this resolved as I am making a decision on purchase soon, and it was based on the previous version which worked very well.    This version is poor.
Respected Contributor
atangel

Agreed. Access for both Pro and Free is pretty pitiful when compared to the old one (and I am not referring to the web interface, talking about actually connecting to the remote PC).

Considering it is the same network, it really must be an issue with the new client. I never thought to compare the sizes between the two, but I would be there is a lot of bloat in the new version (my issues with this upgrade aside, that happens alot with .0 releases).

New Contributor
fragm

I've found the new firefox plugin is not updating itself from this page in firefox 3.5 ...

https://secure.logmein.com/connect_mozilla.asp?dothis=update

Also, buttons such as "Next" (I'm guessing here) are not visible in the new web interface.  

In ie6 (which I have on this PC for web development), the login page either crashes IE or returns a 404 error.  In summary,  I can not login due to the upgrade.  I'm going to have to drive 30 miles to carry out PC operations.

I believe logmein should seriously look at rolling back to the old version until further testing has been made.  The new version has serious problems.

Nick.

New Contributor
Teignmouth

SAme here all my Function keys appear disabled - they appear to work on the local IE8 rather than on the host computer - any thoughts?
Active Contributor
Kolin

Immediately after installation my file transfer speeds (Pro version) went from 900k to 150k. I transfer lots of large files and this is a disaster. I called them (very long wait) and was told that i needed to upgrade all machines. I did and no dice. I asked if there was a way to rollback to older versions and was told no. I later found on these forums that there was a rollback and did it. My speed went up to about 250k but still no where near it used to be. I was a very happy user of this service but now not so much. I dont understand how this works technically, but could they have lowered the bandwidth because it has to pass through their servers??

BTW, have tried gbrige and while it still is not blazingly fast its much better than logmein (600k). I have tons of bandwith on my computers (6Mbit up and 10Mbit down) and still cant find a solution that worked as well as logmein did before. This blows.