Forum Discussion

uptimesvc
Active Contributor
5 years ago

Windows Updates

LogMeIn Central's Windows Update feature is not recognizing the vast majority of December's  patches. I've had issues with some patches before but this is the worst I've ever seen. On Windows 7 machines it's only recognizing 3 of the 10 to 11 patches that are availible. It shows the correct number of patches but when you click on it to show the actual patches you get the  dreaded "Details not yet available for x updates. Please check again later." message. On Windows 7 machines there are at least 7 updates not showing up including the main December security monthly quality rollup (KB4530734) and all the MS Office updates.  On WIndows 10 it's not recognizing the  December Windows MSRT patch (KB890830) Are others seeing this as well? It's really going to impact my patch weekend workload. I called into support and got no real help.

uptimesvc
    Active Contributor

The problem was even worse this month with the MS updates.  Windows 7,  Windows 10 and Server 2012r2 were all showing patches missing because of "details not available".   Made for a very long weekend and makes the Windows update feature of LMI Central pretty useless.  Because of these issues I had to log onto every computer individually.  That's not what I'm paying for.

• been there no answer of why there is -details not yet available bla bla- still no response from LMI
        uptimesvc
        Active Contributor

I apprecaite your response and really wish that was the case. Unfortunately I have had multiple tickets open on this issue and the problem has only become worse. Support always want access to my client’s computers which is very inconvenient. I have however played along in the past. The annoying thing is this is a very repeatable issue and should be able to be investigated in house. If someone at LMI would setup a test computer and manage windows updates on it using LMI Central I pretty much guarantee you would see the dreaded "Details not yet available..." message very quickly. To make it easier make sure the target PC has Windows Defender enabled because those updates are processed thru WU and very often cause issues.

BTW - The last time I called in on this problem the tech told me this was by design and that it prevents dangerous or malicious updates from getting pushed. This was on the Friday after MS patch Tuesday and the patch causing the issue was a MS security update that amongst other things fixed a zero-day vulnerability. Not helpful at all. In addition, most of my patching takes place on weekends to minimize impact on my customers and  surprisingly there is still no phone support on weekends.