Forum Discussion

Mike Suding
Active Contributor
12 years ago

How can I submit an incident without requiring login (via API)?

Using API you can host a web page that uses API to submit an incident to a specific service.
    Mike Suding
    Active Contributor
    No more documentation yet. It is being migrated to a Citrix location soon.
  • Hi Mike,
    Thanks for that. As it stands, I'm now able to connect via vb.net / asp.net. We are a .Net shop and no-one understand PHP at all at work.

I do have a question thou, is there any more documentation on the API??? I following www.beetil.com/api for most of it but found out that I could do incidents.json?report_id=#reportno# which is a big win for me which isn't in documentation...

Cheers
    Mike Suding
    Active Contributor
    We don't have the equivalent code in ASP. My thought was that since PHP can run on Windows or Linux this is a good choice. Will that work for you? If not, please explain why. If we get several requests, I can get a ASP version created.
  • Hi Mike,
    Is it possible to post a vb.net / asp.net code as well. I have tried but am having issues being able to connect... I can connect with curl via command line so it is coming down to my code :(

Cheers
    Mike Suding
    Active Contributor
    Here's an example PHP page that you can download and use on your website (internet or intranet) to submit an incident. It uses a few features of API.

Click to see this Example page

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. If you haven't already, get your free API key for your account by requesting it via support@GoToAssist.com

2. Host this webpage on a web server that has PHP running on it.

3. Make the easy changes to specify your API key and service_id.
      You can find your service_ID (18 digits) with this other webpage
      ( link )

I hope this helps.
    If you prefer to have this in ASP.NET instead of PHP, reply to let us know and we will try to create one.

DOWNLOAD:
    Download PHP page

note: A good tool to test the API is "curl" command line http://curl.haxx.se/download.html or "PostMan" browser plugin.