Forum Discussion

rob111
Active Contributor
10 years ago

Removing/cleaning up tags in service desk

We use tags quite a bit but since simply typing in the tag field and hitting enter creates a new tag we have a lot of tags that have been created by mistake and are not needed.  Any way to remove or clean up tags?
    dbhayman
    Active Contributor
    Hello Rob,
    Yes there is a way to manage your tags. We're working on the steps right now and I'll update the post as soon as they're completed.
    --David--
    dbhayman
    Active Contributor
    Here's the steps to remove the tags:

Select View (Global or Service) in upper left > Highlight Incident > Click Reports & Queues > New Report/Queue > Select Tagged | is | choose tags you wish to remove > Run Report >

--this will show you all of the incidents associated with the tags you selected.

If you want to remove all of the tags from all of the incidents:  Click Mass Actions at the top > Select All Results > Select Action “Remove Tags” > Select the Tag(s) > Apply Now

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

--David--

rob111
    Active Contributor
    Hi David, thanks for the reply, what I'd really like is to delete available but unwanted tags.  It's so easy to create tags but there seems to be no way to delete them once created.  

We use reports that look at tags but it's easy for the list of available tags to get polluted and people then use or accidentally create wrong/misspelled tags which in turn makes the reporting ineffective.  
  • Hi, 
    We are facing the same issue here: we have a bunch of pre-saved tags that we do not want to use anymore, and there are also lots of duplications that we would like to clean up (tags with upper case/lower case letters, space/underscore, etc.).

We find this very annoying, and we are talking about very basic feature that is missing, which is the ability to delete previously saved tags.

Will this be available soon?  
    rob111
    Active Contributor
    Still waiting for a way of deleting tags, any idea when/if this might be made available..? 
    GlennD
    GoTo Manager
    Sorry Rob, I do not have any new information about this currently.