Forum Discussion

CSchifano
Active Contributor
4 years ago

Organizer microphone not visible in panel and muted

Hello, 

We had an organizer join a webinar. The icon for his microphone was not visible at all - red or green - when he joined and he was muted and could only activate his webcam, not his microphone icon.

A panelist joined the same webinar and initially had the same issue, but after a moment they were able to activate their microphone.

Other than logging out and back in again, is there something else we could do?

Chris Droessler
    Respected Contributor

When you join the webinar, sometimes the window that allows you to choose Computer Audio or Phone Audio gets hidden behind other windows.  Until you click an option in that window, you will not be able to unmute.

You can try going to the GoTo Control Panel, in the Audio section select No Audio, then reselect Computer Audio. That fixes some audio issues.

I had that same issue many years ago and did not know the tricks I know now. Back then I ended the webinar, and restarted it. I was the only one connected, so not a real problem.

CSchifano
      Active Contributor

Thanks so much for your reply, Chris. That is very helpful and I will share that with the panelist for the next time.

Would this also impact what and organizer would see? As an organizer I could not see his microphone icon at all - it wasn't red or green. it just wasn't there.

Thanks!

Cindy

CSchifano
        Active Contributor

Hi Ash,

Thanks for you response. It was a Windows laptop, but I will also keep this in mind for future events!

Best,

Cindy