Forum Discussion

Chris_CGN
New Contributor
5 years ago

Webinar Registration Link now leads to my cloud recording?

Hey there. If someone clicks on the GTW-registration link after the webinar has ended, they can view the recording. But i dont want that ... So, how can I prevent customers from seeing my recordings? Thank you Chris

AshC
    5 years ago

Chris_CGN  The only way for an old registration link to lead to a cloud recording is if that scheduled webinar had checked the feature for 'send new registrants to the recording' on the emails customization section. 

** We plan to change the default behavior for this in the future.

rstrozier
    Active Contributor

The participants of my webinars can view the recorded version of my webinars before I make them available and add them to my webinar channel. I don't want participants to view the recording before I have edited the video. Is there a way to prevent participants from viewing the recording?

Chris Droessler
      Respected Contributor

After the end of the webinar, as soon as the video has stopped processing, I download it, and then delete it from the GoTo cloud. People can not access it after I delete it.

I edit the video that I downloaded and upload it.

Also, in the Dashboard, in the Registration section, there is a place to assign a video for people who register for the webinar after the live webinar is over. The default is the default recording of the webinar.  You can change this.

Chris Droessler
    Respected Contributor

After the end of the webinar you can go in the Dashboard, in the Registration section, and disassociate the recording where it says After Session Video.

You can also download the recording and delete it from the GoTo cloud.  Then nobody will see it.

Chris_CGN
      New Contributor

Many thanks for your quick reply.

IĀ“ve checked my settings and there is no video selected in "After Session Video".

I do not want to generally prevent the distribution of the records. I just want to decide who gets to see them. So, delete it from the GoTo cloud is  no option.

Maybe its easier with an example. Look at  https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/4436502337009404687

This Webinar is over. Anyone who has this link saved can view the record after filling in the registration fields.

I would like a site that says "The webinar is over. If you want to see the record please contact {mymail or phone-numer}."

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Chris_CGN  The only way for an old registration link to lead to a cloud recording is if that scheduled webinar had checked the feature for 'send new registrants to the recording' on the emails customization section. 

** We plan to change the default behavior for this in the future.