Forum Discussion

justharv0288
New Contributor
5 years ago

When presenter shares screen it's showing the control panel

Just ran into this issue for the first time, one of our presenters was sharing his screen and it was showing the webcams and his control bar, usually the software hides these things.

Is there any fix aside from updating video drivers that will fix this?

• Updating the video drivers could solve it.

There is a setting that will allow the sharing of the GoTo Control panel, but it should default to off.  This is handy if you are training someone on how to run a GoToWebinar and need to share your Control Panel.

I had a similar situation once where I made a Panelist the Presenter.  She had two displays on her computer, and she selected to share the wrong one.  We were seeing the Presenter view of the PowerPoint rather than the Power point show.  I told her she needed to share the other screen.

Rather than going into the GoTo Control Panel to switch which display was sharing, she clicked the Swap Screens button on the Presenter View of PowerPoint.  This made PowerPoint swap between the two screens, but all of a sudden, her GoTo Control Panel was now visible to the audience.  We were not using webcams at the time.

So switching displays within PowerPoint must have confused GoToWebinar allowing the Control Panel to show.  I've never tried to replicate this.  I just warn folks to not do it.

Chris Droessler
    Respected Contributor

Updating the video drivers could solve it.

There is a setting that will allow the sharing of the GoTo Control panel, but it should default to off.  This is handy if you are training someone on how to run a GoToWebinar and need to share your Control Panel.

I had a similar situation once where I made a Panelist the Presenter.  She had two displays on her computer, and she selected to share the wrong one.  We were seeing the Presenter view of the PowerPoint rather than the Power point show.  I told her she needed to share the other screen.

Rather than going into the GoTo Control Panel to switch which display was sharing, she clicked the Swap Screens button on the Presenter View of PowerPoint.  This made PowerPoint swap between the two screens, but all of a sudden, her GoTo Control Panel was now visible to the audience.  We were not using webcams at the time.

So switching displays within PowerPoint must have confused GoToWebinar allowing the Control Panel to show.  I've never tried to replicate this.  I just warn folks to not do it.

justharv0288
      New Contributor

Thanks Chris,

Hopefully the video drivers fix the issue.

Also I didn't actually realize there was a setting for shareing the panel, that's great as we do a lot of training.