Jean2
Active Contributor
11 years ago
Investigating

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Can you have attendees in GoToWebinar talk or text "chat" to each other during a live 500 attendee event??

If you can't - PLEASE - change it so they can. It is terrible that there is no way to have the attendees interact with each other -

We have a weekly webinar on the same day, and same time EVERY week. Our clients like to be able to come to the event and interact with each other - and with the GoToMeeting there is no way to do that.

Only the organizer can see the "Questions" from attendees.

Let us know if there are plans to FIX this, thanks!

Berzsenyi
    New Contributor

Yes, the option must be fully manageable otherwise there is no benefit from it.

Chris Droessler
    Respected Contributor

It would be rare for us to use this feature.  I can think of many  other wanted features I would prioritize over this one.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator
    Status changed:
    New
    to
    Reviewed by moderator
    KateG
    GoTo Moderator
    Status changed:
    Reviewed by moderator
    to
    Investigating
  • I agree! even an event with 10 or 20 people the chat is not available to the attendees.  The only way the chat is available to attendees is if you directly send them a message.  Why would GoTo limit this?  

I have used many other webinar platforms and I have always engaged a lot with my attendees, asking them where are you from or various questions to keep them engaged. GoTo doesn't allow this.

Please change this asap!!

MCO

Hi,

is there a function for attendees to see questions of others and react to them in writing? With the questions tab only I can see questions. I want to have an interactive webinar where attendees can also chat with each other. This would be very helpful. Or is the webinar not the right tool for that?

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi MCO

I moved your post to the idea section. Attendees can't currently chat with each other, but this is a feature we are looking to introduce to standard webinars this year. We will update this thread when we learn more. Attendees can chat now using GoTo Meeting. 

• Please add a 2 way open chat feature in hotoweninar so all participants can chat with each other and the organizers