cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccastiglia
New Contributor

User cannot drag & drop files between remote computer and local computer

I (a systems, domain, and Logmein admin) do this all the time - I can open a Logmein connection to a remote PC (using Logmein Client) and drag & drop files between my local PC and the remote PC.

Trying to show one of my users how to do the same, but he cannot drag files out of the remote session onto his local desktop. Is there some setting that I have forgotten about? What would keep him from being able to drag & drop between the local and remote PCs? Both are running Windows 10, if it matters.

Also, don't know if this is related, but when I tried using Logmein File Manager just to quickly grab the two files of immediate interest, it kept disconnecting within seconds of establishing the connection.

6 REPLIES 6
CS_HelpDesk
GoTo Contributor

Re: User cannot drag & drop files between remote computer and local computer

Hi @ccastiglia

It could be a Host Preference blocking the action or your firewall. If you look for the Debug Logs in the host machine (the computer you're remote in to) it may give you error messages and/or if a firewall or AV is mediating it

If you haven't yet, you can enable debug logs via host preferences and assign to all machines, of you can enable the debug logs on the host LogMeIn Control Panel >options>preferences>advanced, scroll down to the view logs, check on the box to enable debug logs and repeat the process of drag and drop.

If the debug log's function is enabled, you can click on 'view file' and find the logmein.log to send in to support.

You can also find it under c:\programdata\logmein.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

ccastiglia
New Contributor

I enabled debug logging and tried again.  After multiple tries, I find that the failed attempt to drag & drop from remote session to local PC does not generate any entry at all in the debug log.

As an aside, I find that I can "copy" a block of text from with a file on the remote session and then "paste" it into Notepad (for example) on my local PC.  However, I cannot right-click a file on the remote session, select Copy, and then paste that file onto the desktop of my local PC - the Paste option is greyed out indicating that there is nothing to paste.  Yes, on the remote session, "Sync Clipboard" is enabled.

ccastiglia
New Contributor

PS: "If the debug log's function is enabled, you can click on 'view file' and find the logmein.log to send in to support."

Seriously?  I do not see anyway whatsoever to open a support case!

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @ccastiglia,

To contact support or open support case, click Contact Support which is displayed on the right side of all support articles

GlennD_0-1670544105362.png

On the next screen enter your name and account email address, then click on Continue

GlennD_1-1670544169446.png

On the next screen, you can select to then call or email

GlennD_2-1670544237501.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
charliemac
New Contributor

I was able to perfectly drah & drop between the Host & remote, I was forced to do an update now I cannot

drag & drop - Idiots.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @charliemac,

Please make sure Sync Clipboard is still checked. If it is not checked, check the box again and restart the remote computer.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training