Organizer notification for Recording Registrations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

If I have recorded webinars on our Channel, will people viewing them have to include their information before the recording starts? If so, will I receive an email that they registered for the webinar and will their information appear on Registration Reports?

10 Comments
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Debbie,

At this time there is no option for an Organizer EMail Notification for recording views.  You may file Recording Reports, and examine Analysys of who is watching online.

Once viewers select a specific recording to watch, a new "Watch Now" page will open including a preview of the recording. Viewers will be prompted to sign in or register before watching this (and other) recording with a GoToWebinar, LinkedIn, Facebook or Google account. Once signed in, viewers can select the Play icon to watch the full recording.

Reference:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/channel-page-beta-g2w090138

Active Contributor

Thanks so much for your help!

Active Contributor

Can I create an email notification alert when someone views my past webinar recordings? This normally happens when someone registers for a webinar. Also, 

LogMeIn Contributor

@Argha B  I'm afraid we don't have this feature implemented yet for GoToWebinar Channels or Recordings, though it may be added as a future enhancement.

I've used GTW for several years, and this is a feature that we've always wanted.

New Contributor

Hello,

when will there be an email notification feature if someone registers for a protected GoToStage channel to view a webinar? (Similar to webinar registration.)

This would be so helpful!

I shared the webinar recording link which I got it from the "Copy share link" from the video under the video library. When someone submits the information to view the old webinar recording using that link, we are not getting any notifications for the new registration. 

We want to be notified through email when someone views the recording. Please help me how to fix this

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @InfoTriyam 

While you can use the original link to take participants to the webinar's original registration page, it is not currently possible to receive email notifications for recording registrations. 

I have a related question. When someone goes to watch the video of a past webinar and they submit registration information, where does that information get saved? Is there a report for post-webinar registrations, specifically for people who watched the video?

Secondly, we continued to see new registrations several days after the webinar. We're not sure where these registrations are coming from as our registration page was deactivated right after the webinar on 05/06. We initially thought they were people registering to watch the post-webinar video but we tested this by registering 2 new email addresses today and they did not show up in the list. Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated - thank you!

LogMeIn Contributor

@AMPSupport  There are two reports being discussed here:  the GoToWebinar Recording Report and Registration Report for the live stream. 

It can be a bit confusing why you are seeing new data on the Registration Report when your webinar is past due, and this can happen when the webinar in question used Cloud Recording, which automatically links that recording with the original registration link.  The behavior in this case leads anyone who clicks the original registration link to the cloud recording (which is also available to be shared by the Recording link itself.  If you don't want this to happen they you would manually un-check the function from the selected webinar schedule in the follow-up section of each webinar after your broadcast concludes.