Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Update State / Province lists for better accuracy

0 Kudos

Update State / Province lists for better accuracy

We've had registrants point out that they cannot select "other" in the State field when they choose a country other than United States. How can this be resolved?

45 Comments
Jamie Peterson
We want to collect state/province info from users in the US and Canada, but for others we'd like to see 'None' or 'Other' listed at the top, immediately under 'Choose one'
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor
Hi Liz,
If there is a specific country that we can add to the list there? 

--Or if you'd like to create an open ended registration question for attendees to type in the region of their choice, that will also capture different regions if you make the question required in Registration Settings.

Liz Stephens
The issue is, we require the following fields, country and state. In the past, when people who did live in the US or Canada, chose their country, it gave them the option to not choose a state. Now, it's asking they choose one and it's not relevant to their country. 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor
Hi Liz,
I apologize for the confusion there.
What they've done is instead combine all the states from US /CA into one list, where Canadian provinces are towards the latter end of the list.

Microvellum
We are experiencing the same problem as Liz. We have registrations from around the globe, the majority from the United States, but some from Australia. The state/province list is only allowing our registrants to select a US or Canadian state / province. How can we collect state information from other countries? 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor
If you need registrants to enter specific data to confirm their qualifications, I would make a custom Registration Question, and check the box to make the answer mandatory.  The question type needed if there are more than just a few territories would be 'open ended'.

Microvellum
Ash - That is a work around perhaps, but not a solution. That leaves the state / province question down with the auxiliary questions and not up with the rest of the customer information. That doesn't look very professional. Is there not at least an 'other' for the state and province? 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor
While we do not have any alternatives to the current default listings of States and Provinces, I have made this conversation into an Idea so that others can make note as a future improvement idea.

Liz Stephens
The crazy thing is, that in the past, we have never had any issues with this. State was always a "requirement" but then when the registrant chose a country other than USA/Canada, it just took the "required" part away from the "State" field. Anyway, hopefully something gets worked out!
Microvellum
Thank you Ash, I appreciate it! I hope this makes it to the list for future improvements! Have a great day.