cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple URLs to one entry in LastPass Vault

Multiple URLs to one entry in LastPass Vault

LastPass Vault should allow for multiple URLs to one entry 

The reason:

You have one account for a single service but need to log in on multiple domains or surfaces: The same login works on their homepage, on a support page (that uses a different URL) or their mobile app.

The issue:

Autofill does only work with one URL today so I have to search manually in LastPass for the correct password again and again and that is very annoying.

Since this s the same account I refuse to generate multiple entries for those.

3 Comments
Active Contributor

This feature already exists - except your wording is off.  Well, at least partly.  You can have one set of credentials work at multiple domain names.
It's called equivalent domains.

It's under 'account settings.

You're welcome!

Active Contributor

Thanks @Logic  for that tip. Wasn´t aware of this. Now the next question occurs - what is the correct entry here if it´s about apps? I have a banking app on ios and have the password in my vault. When I open the banking app I get asked for the password and I can choose autofill with lastpass. But lastpass doesn´t know which entry to take. So I have to search for the name of the banking app in the lastpass dialogue each and every time. Then I click on it and the login works just fine. How can I match this app and its entry in lastpass so that lastpass exactly knows which password to use when I open the app? Thanks for your support

Visitor

I came here wanting to suggest that equivalent domains be less of a gigantic pain to use, and found this suggestion already here, which appears to address basically the same thing..  I don't "refuse to generate multiple entries" and in some places domains aren't even actually equivalent, they just share an SSO structure in the background of their completely disparate sites (the Google and Facebook widgets are somewhat an example of that practice widespread, but many others exist and some don't let you just press a button; you do actually have to log in using the account, you just don't have to create a *new* account for that site.)  But creating an equivalent domain is an incredibly clunky and annoying experience, which is rarely worth the trouble compared to having two entries (which both have to be updated every time your password changes, but at least both work consistently and don't require you to manually type in a list of TLDs.)

However, there's also that "security checkup" constantly popping up to remind you that your username and password are the same on both of these sites, so it would be almost trivial to have a "Make them equivalent" or "merge accounts" button or something, to have LastPass be(come) aware that you are NOT reusing the same password in a dozen places, but that one single account has a dozen different URLs (e.g. an Active Directory login that is applicable to all different URLs in that organization's domain.)  This would make the security challenge thing become an actually useful function instead of a constant false alarm, and let you update with a new password only once each time you change your environment's password.