Personal account -> Business account link or change default folder passwords are saved to

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal account -> Business account link or change default folder passwords are saved to

0 Kudos

Hello LastPass community,

I recently vouched for LastPass when my company was choosing a shared password manager to be used by all employees since I'm very happy with the personal product. However, now that I'm trying it out I see there are some critical features missing in how it works together with how the business account and the personal account work together. I may have a high standard when it comes to software tools, but I expect the two accounts to coexist seamlessly.

First of all, I don't get why there need to be separate accounts for personal and business, but I imagine there are reasons. The problem is that I use the personal account the most for basically all my passwords, I would have liked to be using the personal account and then link the business account to that, but apparently, it is only the reverse that is possible. So this means I have to use the business account if I don't want to change accounts all the time and nobody wants that. Now that I'm logged into the business account all the time and I want to save a personal password I have to specify that I want to save it in the folder for my personal account if I don't want the password to be shared with the whole company. This is something that is very easy to forget, so it would be nice if it was at least possible to specify which folder you wanted to save your passwords into by default.

This problem could be solved in two ways:

1. Make it so that a business account can be linked to a personal account (i would prefer this)

2. Enable users to select which folder they want to save into by default

I find that the way it works very unintuitive for the customer where it seems like what is easy and simple for the developer has taken priority over what is easy for the user.

Despite this I really think that it is an awesome product, I just don't think that the way personal and business accounts work together is solid.