cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TWOSK
Active Contributor

Allow attendees to draw, pause sharing, cancel drawing and others

Hello, I am happy that you are constantly improving the service. However, I have several questions:

1. allow attendees to draw - was previously on older version app, where can I find it now?
  2. If I share a screen, sharing control/drawing tools disappear if I click merge. I think it is completely unacceptable.  
  3. If I share a screen I don't get comfortable layout of cameras, drawing tools, participants by default. I constantly keep on mingling with the new design.
  4. If I start drawing and click Esc it does not quit the drawing. I think it was a fantastic feature in the older version.
  5. If I want to pause screen sharing, I need to click small drop arrow and then pause. I think a button that was instantly visible in the older version was a better choice.

Perhaps you can advice me on how to solve some of the issues? 

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: New app design and features - allow attendees to draw, pause sharing, cancel drawing and others

Hi @TWOSK

If you haven't seen it yet, I would recommend looking over and bookmarking our GoTo App User Guide 

• Currently, only the person presenting can draw on their screen. After sharing their screen they switch into Presenter Mode and the drawing tools are available. 
  • If you are screen sharing in PresenterMode there is a button to show or hide the webcams and audience view. This window can be moved around the screen or to a 2nd monitor if you have one. The same goes for the Chat and Attendee windows. 
  • Pressing ESC does not currently erase drawings, but you can select to have drawings automatically fade away.
  • If you are screen sharing and click on the Share Screen button screen sharing stops immediately. In order to Pause screen sharing, you do need to click on the arrow to access the Pause option.

These are the current behaviors of the GoTo App, but they may change in the future based on customer feedback like you have provided. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
TWOSK
Active Contributor

Re: New app design and features - allow attendees to draw, pause sharing, cancel drawing and others

@GlennD  thank you for the reply. 

As for Esc, it was a very nice feature not to delete the drawings, but quit the drawing tool so you can click with your mouse while the drawing remained.