cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gili
Active Contributor

Audio defaults to phone instead of speaker

The app used to default to the speaker of the phone when starting a meeting since it's a video call, but Lately I noticed that it's defaulting to the phone audio which is too low. I then need to manually go into the settings to switch back to the speaker. 

Has anyone else noticed that and are there possible solutions to have it start defaulting again to the speaker? Appreciate any help.

6 REPLIES 6
Quinlany

Re: Audio defaults to phone instead of speaker

Check app settings: Open the app and look for any specific settings related to audio or call preferences. Ensure that the app is set to use the speaker as the default audio output during video calls. If there is an option to adjust the volume within the app, make sure it is set to an appropriate level.

Gili
Active Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried to look in the app and the only place you can change from phone to speaker is in the meeting itself, but it doesn't seem to save the preference and resets each time the meeting is started.

Opening a new meeting doesn't help either and the worse part is that the people I'm having the meetings with also experience the issue and I have to take them step  by step to change it on their end.

I'll see if our IT person can reach out to GoTo about it in case that helps 🙂

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Gili welcome to the Community. I'd like to replicate your experience. Are you using the GoToMeeting classic app or the new GoTo app? Are you on iOS or Android? Thanks. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Gili
Active Contributor

Hi Kate,

I'm using the new app on iOS. I've been using it for a few months now and this started a couple of weeks ago.

My best guess is that the iPhone is identifying the app as a calling app first and not a video conferencing which is why it's defaulting to the internal speaker. I had an Android user try it and it seems to still default to speaker on there.

Adding a button to toggle from phone/speaker on the main screen would also make it easier and quicker for new users to find, for those cases where people are just making a call in a meeting room and not video conferencing.

I hope this helps.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Gili I confirmed this is happening on my iOS device, though Android devices appear to not have the issue. The team is aware and will be working on a fix. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for your patience as we resolve the issue.  

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Gili
Active Contributor

Great, thank you very much!