cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Full Screen

Hi @Davebu, welcome to the community.

We will be adding the Flexible Layout option to the Attendee experience that will enable this. Currently, it only available to the Presenter.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

The Flexible layout is being made available now for beta testing. Once you enable it by clicking on the Beta option in your GoTo App toolbar, your attendees will be able to select it and break out the various GoTo App features into separate windows and move them around. This also allows them to view in fullscreen and move the controls to a separate monitor if they have one. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
NancyB
Active Contributor

I am new to this community.  In the 20 years that I have been a user of GoToMeeting, I have never had to call for support.  I'm going to try hard not to rant here ... as I have had nothing but praise for a product that has worked extremely well for me, until yesterday. 

Yesterday, I was told if I had comments (or complaints) about this new software, I had to register to use this forum.  Apparently Technical Support does not pass along issues that are discovered, while in conversation with clients, using their products (?!).

Today, I searched (albeit briefly) to find a relevant discussion concerning the resolution of the new software upgrade.  This Q&A (from over a year ago) was the same issue I was experiencing.  I’m confused with how this thread was labeled as "resolved" when I had to call tech support for this exact same problem.  The excess black border remains… my presentation is not full screen … How can that be called “resolved” if the issue remains on the “most recent” version?

Resolution is a disappointment.  Since 2004, yes, that's right, since 2004 ... I have used GoToMeeting without any problem.  Now, I am thoroughly disappointed in the resolution of the "latest" version.  And, yes, technical support did an uninstall/reinstall to ensure I did it properly.  The blurry or fuzziness, as your technical support called it, is not at all acceptable to me.  Zooming on a web page is not helpful – the blurriness remains & I don’t use GoToMeeting to read web pages!

My biggest disappointment with the new software, was the challenge in changing presenters & giving keyboard & mouse control.  In the past, the ease of making an attendee the Presenter, with a request for "keyboard & mouse control" was one box to check - - - so quick & easy to set up.  I would initiate the remote meeting I asked my clients to share their window & give me keyboard & mouse control with one pop up window.  Now, this process is hidden on my client’s control panel, working through several layers of the software to first share their window and then give remote control.  Why change something that wasn't broken?  Please bring back the one-time pop-up window for ease of making an attendee the "presenter" with "give control "option.

Unless the above issues are resolved over the next month, it looks like I'll be moving to another product prior to Sept 6th.   P.S.  White print on black screens is not a value-added benefit.   

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @NancyB 

Welcome to the GoTo Community. Thanks for taking the time to register and share your experience. 

Please note that our support team does raise issues internally. For feedback, the Community is a great way to share your experiences with other members along with the staff at GoTo. 

Have you tried  Flexible layout as mentioned in the solution ? Once you enable it by clicking on the Beta option in your GoTo App toolbar, your attendees will be able to select it and break out the various GoTo App features into separate windows and move them around.

The only time I'm able to see blurry resolution, if I understand where you are looking, is if the screen is at 25% or lower if I zoom it it's clear. If you have a screenshot you would like to share, please do. 

When requesting remote control, if your attendee is sharing the screen, tap on the mouse icon: 

Screenshot 2024-07-30 161846.png

Your attendee will then see an option to give you access on the top left hand side, here is their screen: 

KateG_0-1722381763408.png

It's possible you may have not had the setting enabled in the new go to app. If you want to user Remote Control in meetings held with your GoToMeeting account, you need to sign into the admin center and enable it. Manage feature settings for a single user 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
NancyB
Active Contributor

Thanks, Kate, Tech support checked all that. Yes, I learned how the client is to provide me access to control their computer.  My issue remains, why should my client have to go through a multi-step process, when I "use to" initiate it in one step & all they had to do was "accept" the request to share/give control?  The updated version is making it unnecessarily complicated for my clientele.

How can I easily send you screen shots of the "original" app vs. the "new" app ?  

I don't see any way to attach a .jpg or .pdf of the issue.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @NancyB ,

If you have the permissions enabled, it shouldn't be multi-steps, as shown in the screenshots I posted previously. You request access by clicking on the mouse and then the attendee grants access on their end.  

If you click reply you should see a toolbar with a camera icon where you can place screenshots. Sometimes this feature is not available for brand-new members, but should be available now. 

Screenshot 2024-07-31 111422.png

NancyB
Active Contributor

Hi Kate!

Yes, you are right - the Camera was not "turned on" to allow me to upload, but it did allow it today..

Here are the two screenshots ... Pre (white) /post (black) upgrade.

I believe you will see the resolution challenge I was speaking of.

Original_Clear resolution.jpgNew Update_Unclear resolution.jpg

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Thanks @NancyB , 

I appreciate the screenshots. I see a slight difference, I will see if there are any recommendations from the team and update the thread. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@NancyB , speaking with a colleague, they noted that the image would look better using Flexible layout.

I do suggest trying the feature a few times, it takes a bit of time to get adjusted, but once you do, you will find a lot of positive features. Thanks again for your feedback.