cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nnunn
Active Contributor

High CPU usage + fan on Mac OS Monterey

Hello -

Loving the direction of the new GoTo.app so far. We have used the prior GoToMeeting.app for more than a decade, and the tool is vital for our fully remote team across multiple time zones. Thank you for your efforts!

On recent meetings both myself and others are experiencing high CPU usage (or something) which immediately causes the MacBook Pro (2019) fan to roar up to a distracting volume. I find this curious given the 32 GB RAM and 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 processor. This occurs even when "efficiency mode" is activated.

Multiple members of our team have asked me about other platforms which may be more efficient. This is a big distraction for our sales team, in particular. Given our long relationship with GoTo I'd prefer not to switch.

Is there work being done on this front?

Best,

- Nathan

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: High CPU usage + fan on Mac OS Monterey

Hi @nnunn welcome to the Community, thanks for taking the time to report this here. We are always working on improvements to the app and appreciate this feedback. When this happens again, it will help if you could report this issue when it happens, by following the steps outlined here. This will help our developers review issues affecting performance. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
nnunn
Active Contributor

Hi @KateG,

OK I'll do this. I'll submit a report as you've requested during our next call.

To be clear - multiple members of our staff are experiencing this symptom with every meeting.

It's not an isolated incident.

nnunn
Active Contributor

Over the last several days I've continued experiencing this concern perhaps 2/3 of meetings.

It's quite inconsistent – one full hour meeting with four participants including audio/video + screen share and computer/fan almost silent.

Then, next meeting with only two participants  + screen share and the fan revs to full within the first ten minutes, and continues throughout the call.

I've submit a report using the GoTo.app as suggested. Will continue to do so as I'm able. This is an an unresolved issue, as of today.

Thank you,

- Nathan

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you for using the reporting tool, that helps our development team a lot as it captures system information while the issue is happening.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
nnunn
Active Contributor

Understood & will continue. Thank you!