THE OLD GOTOMEETING EXPERIENCE/DESKTOPAPP NO LONGER WORKS.
THE NEW ONE IS VERY BAD AND AN EYE SORE. FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO USE THE NEW APP.
IS THERE ANY WAY TO RESTORE/USE THE OLD DESKTOP APP.
Hi @ramsd, welcome to the community.
What exactly are you finding difficult when using the GoTo App?
Where do i start ......
1. while sharing the screen (i.e. a specific app like browser/notepad etc..), when i minimize the app that is being screen shared, the participants see a black screen ( while earlier, the app used to still show albeit frozen when i minimized the app). because i work with different apps open at a time and need to switch between them without causing a disruption to the participant, this new behaviour of the screen going black at the other end everytime i minimize/switch apps at my end is causing a bad user experience to my participants.
2. issues with recording.. when i pause the recording and resume it , i have noticed that the entire recording is not stored. this is with local recording. there are a lot of other people also complaining about this issue.
3. the overall UI on the new app, is a bit too annoying and irritating to use. the old one was simple, straightforward and does the job. why try to 'fix' something that aint broken.
PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD GOTO APP..
we have been using gotomeeting for around 6 years now.. and because of the new app and the way it works or rather breaks functionality, we are going to transition to a different meeting provider.
sad to see that gtm doesn't care about customer's feedback and is pushing the new app which is breaking functionality and usability for a lot of users.
by the end of this week if the old app isn't provided as an option, i am afraid we will be moving on to a different solution for meetings, and lucky our existing subscription ends next month as well.. so its time to close gtm and move on.
Thanks for the explanation @ramsd.
1. When you are sharing a specific application window and want to switch to showing a different application window, I would recommend using the Pause sharing option in the toolbar, then c selecting Share something else to select the next application window.
2. As I mentioned in my reply to one of your other posts we have not been able to recreate any issue with pausing recording and starting recording again. We are also not seeing a lot of reports of this issue, so any customer that is experiencing it should open a support ticket so we can gather logs and investigate further.
3. Change can be difficult, but a lot of the GoTo Apps design is based on years of customer feedback about the Classic GoToMeeting experience.
Im having same issue. Old App was amazing and not sure why your company forced the upgrade? But thats besides the point. Now, My recordings are absolutely terrible. Why wouldnt an upgrade record into MP4? Can we switch back to the old app, if so how do we stop this from forcing upgrade again? My customers are not going to be cool with the video coming out absolutely terrible. I appreciate it if you could let me know best way thanks!
Hi @Joe45, welcome to the community.
Do you have any example recordings you would be willing to share with our team? I will send you a private message with a dropbox link where you can upload an example.
We are evaluating adding MP4 conversion as an option to the GoTo App, but the MP4 codec is not free and has to be licensed by the owners and our existing license may not cover the new GoTo App. If you really need MP4s now you could switch to cloud recording which can be shared easily or downloaded as an MP4. It is also possible to convert webm files using free tools like Handbrake and VLC Player.
Not the only GTM client thinking about (or just about ready to) jettison this product as a result of the changes.
There are three MAJOR problem elements in our case that are getting in the way:
Hi @MichaelCX, welcome to the community.
GoToMeeting has some collaboration features, but it is not designed to be a remote support tool. GoTo Resolve and Rescue are both dedicated remote support services that are designed for that purpose.
In regard to the session lag, please use the built-in Report an Issue option in the GoTo App.