I'm ready to move to Zoom or Teams. Supposedly there's a way to "Uncheck Use the new Goto". But then there's this line: "Or your account was permanently migrated to the new GoToMeeting experience."
It's ugly, all the stuff I used every session is now harder to find, and I hate it.
Is there a way to permanently UN-migrate it?
Hi @beth1123 thanks for checking out the Community and for taking the time to share your thoughts. You can currently use the old interface. I would like to pass your feedback along to our team. I hear that you find things hard to find, can you let me know which features? What about the new interface do you find ugly?
Hi Kate, Thanks for answering. I have been to those directions multiple times, clicking on Settings each time, hoping that I'll see the option to revert. It is not there. Then I read the last night of the instructions: "If you do not see this setting, your account admin may have disabled it or your account was permanently migrated to the new GoTo Meeting experience." I don't know how/when that happened, but I can't find a way back.
We look into switching back to the classic version of GoToMeeting, but in the meantime could you please provide some details about which features you are having difficulty using in the new GoTo App experience?
We are updating GoTo App frequently and more detailed feedback about what you are struggling with when using the GoTo App helps us make improvements. For example, based on customer feedback we have updates coming soon for sharing keyboard and mouse in the GoTo App.
I also have a few issues with the new environment. Sorry to piggy back on this message but it might keep the issues in one place. My gripes are:
1. The new save as webm recording feature creates much bigger files in onedrive > documents and I cant see any way of saving them elsewhere. They take just as long to process as when they were mp4 but I still need to move them to allow me keep company specific folders.
2. On more than one occasion, the webm recording has failed to save in the past month, whereas the mp4 NEVER did in 2 years of continuous use during lockdown.
3. The meeting set up is much worse. I used to be able to set a start time and end time. Now I have to set a start time and duration in hours, and it doesnt accept 1/2 hours, so delegates think I have the timings wrong. Please reinstate start end time .
4. The date now uses US format with no option to set to UK ...eg 31st October 2022 is 31/10/2022 in UK but you force the US version 10/31/2022.
5. The black white view is depressing
however I do prefer the controls at the foot of the screen with options to select mic and speaker, instead of the auto hide green circles.
If it was a school homework assignment I would say 4/10, must try harder!
Hi @Mike_BS, welcome to the community, and thank you for the feedback.
For local recording, we are evaluating moving back to MP4 format. By default they will be saved to your Documents folder, if they are then automatically added to your One Drive I would recommend checking your Windows One Drive settings to see if they can be excluded.
I will share your feedback about scheduling with the team and ask if there are plans to make the duration more customizable. I will also check on the date format issue and get back to you.