cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IntlOffice
New Contributor

Issue with the video format when calling in via phone on the GoTo App.

Hello all, 

We having been experiencing an issue when one of our attendees joins out meeting via his cellphone. 
In the old GotoMeeting App when he joined the meeting, the app would automatically adjust to his phone's portrait format for his video. 
However, now with the new GoTo App it does not automatically adjust and instead it zooms in so that we cannot see all of his face. I tried talking with the GoTo support to see if we could fix the issue, but unfortunately, their is nothing in the current GoTo App that will adjust to the portrait video format. 

I would like to ask that formatting be added to the  GoTo App so that no matter what device you use to join a meeting, it will format to the correct video parameters. 

Here are screen shots for reference. 

Video format from the old GoToMeeting App:
OldGoToMeeting.jpg

Video format from the New GoTo App:

NewGoTo.jpg

Thank you for your support. I am looking forward to your feedback. 

Kind regards, 

Terra

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Issue with the video format when calling in via phone on the GoTo App.

Hi @IntlOffice welcome to the GoTo Community. Thanks for sharing your experience and screenshots here, it does clearly illustrate the issue. I'm not able to replicate on my iPhone. Can you let us know the make, model and OS of the phone being used? I'll reach out to the team for further insight. Thanks. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
IntlOffice
New Contributor

Hi @KateG

Thank you for your swift reply. 

The issue is not from the side of the person calling in with a phone, their view is fine. It is when we are viewing them from our laptop that the camera view is not adjusting properly. So the problem is with the desktop app, not the phone's. Is it possible to fix the issue on the desktop version of the GoTo App?

Thank you for your continued support. 

Kind regards,

Terra

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@IntlOffice the type of phone they are using could affect how their camera is presented to all, however the team believes that this may not cell phone dependent and our looking into a fix currently. I will update this thread when I hear further.  

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training