cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kythe42
New Contributor

Issue with the white text on a black background in the new GoTo App

I have a telehealth provider that requires me to use GoTo Meeting, and I was very surprised when I logged into my regular meeting this week that the app had a completely different UI. Unfortunately this new UI caused me instant eye pain. While I like dark themes in theory, I absolutely cannot handle dark themes with high contrast. The old app was fine with a dark grey background, but the stark black background with the bright white text/icons was very painful to my eyes within seconds. Turning down the brightness on my screen was not an option because it's already set at 80% and lowering it further would make it too difficult to use other programs I need to access during my meetings.

This is a very serious accessibility problem, and 45 minutes of my session was wasted with me trying to figure out how to customize the app appearance and being unable to find any way to do it before finally figuring out that the old app was still on my computer.

I'll be happy to keep using the old app, but I'm very frustrated that the web links to my meetings no longer seem to work with the old app. How can I make the weblinks open the old app again? Also please make it possible for users to customize their interface by choosing the colors, fonts/etc. I am very worried that the old app will eventually stop working altogether and that I won't be able to access my healthcare because I can't use the new app with my accessibility needs.

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: The new GoTo app is completely unusable!

@Kythe42 welcome to the GoTo Community. Thank you for your feedback on the new app dark/high contrast, we will be sure to pass this on to the team. In order to view in your sessions with your provider, you will need to ask your provider to switch to the classic version, v10. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Kythe42
New Contributor

Re: The new GoTo app is completely unusable!

Thanks for your reply @KateG. Unfortunately, asking my provider to switch back wouldn't do any good. The person I was meeting with had no idea what I was talking about when I complained about the new app, and she was still very much using the old version.

Kythe42
New Contributor

Can no longer login on old GoToMeeing desktop app!

I complained back in December that the new app was completely unusable for me due to the dark high contrast theme giving me instant eye pain making me unable to function and that this was a serious issue because I have to use GoToMeeting for telehealth. For the past couple of months I've been manually logging in with the old app (though weblinks no longer worked) and then today I tried to login to my appointment and I could not login with the old app any more! It just directed me to a webpage prompting me to download the new app. I tried installing the new app again and no options to customize the appearance have been added since my last post complaining about this issue.

You have basically cut me off from my healthcare! Please make the old app work again until such time as you offer theme customization for your users on the new app!

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Can no longer login on old GoToMeeing desktop app!

Hi @Kythe42

Unfortunately, we no longer support using the Classic GoToMeeting software to attend meetings that are being held with the GoTo App. For now, I would suggest lowering the brightness and/or contrast on your computer's screen. Your request for more theme options has been shared with our team for consideration.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Kythe42
New Contributor

Re: Can no longer login on old GoToMeeing desktop app!

@GlennD 

The brightness on my screen is always set at 80%. I can't lower it any further because then every other program I need to use would be too difficult to read and I do need to utilize other programs on my computer during my meetings. The only option my laptop has regarding contrast is to turn high contrast on and off and it's already off, so there's no option for me to lower the contrast lower than normal.

Again, this decision to stop supporting the classic software has cut me off from my healthcare. This is an extremely serious issue, and being unwilling to re-enable the classic software until such time that the new app has customizable theme options is completely unacceptable.