cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csandler1
Visitor

Lag when screen sharing in the new GoTo App

The lag time was absolutely terrible. I was the "driver" for our meeting presentation and the presenter seemed to think I was a minute behind. They felt the need to tell me to move ahead when I already had. 

I also couldn't pause the screenshare so I could bring up another screen. The feature was disabled even though I was the organizer. The next best option was to stop sharing, but when I tried to do it the lag was more than 10 seconds (I timed it). By the time I stopped, brought up the new screen and then re-started the share, more than a minute had gone by. 

I will be reverting to the old version. It may be clunky, but at least I can navigate it seamlessly.  

6 REPLIES 6
Rontechscaf
Active Contributor

Re: Lag when screen sharing in the new GoTo App

This is still a problem now, and the longer the session, the longer the lag and latency becomes. Are you planning on fixing this. It is pretty major issue.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

Please use the built-in Report an Issue option when this happens.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
MichaelCX
Visitor

Amen & amen!

This is a severe issue for us, as we try using GTM to support software and drive it remotely or edit code remotely.

KBro45

I concur with the other users with regards to the significant lag time when using the remote mouse control. This was never an issue with the prior software and I depend heavily on this feature. Today, it took 2 hours to do what should have only been 1 hour, plus the session kept freezing up. Both sites have high speed internet. Please get this resolved or I will need to find another software solution.  Simply clicking to report this while I am trying to do my job is not a solution. This seems to be a core problem.  Thanks!

WH2

I am having same issue with lag. Keyboard and mouse movements have about 5 second lag which makes this nearly impossible to use. I've been having this issue since around Fall of 2022 when I upgraded to the new GoTo.

How can this issue not be resolved by now?  Who's running the show over there?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@WH2 I will definitely pass this feedback on to the team. In the meantime, can you please use the built-in Report an Issue option when this happens. This will greatly help our team review the issue. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training