cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masmag

Can attendees draw?

hi All, 

apparently in the new goto app, you can no longer draw over your screen, or let the attendees draw over the screen. 

Our office was heavily relying on this feature to communicate. It was one of the biggest advantages of goto over other platforms, can it be brought back? 

why does my app get updated automatically, i was perfectly happy with my old goto meeting app and really don't find this new one better in any way. 

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: attendees can draw

Hi @masmag, welcome to the community.

Drawing Tools are available in the new GoTo App, please review this section of our GoTo App User Guide

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
CheeseNugget

Thanks for this info. TBH, this feels like a big step backwards. I am still using the Classic version as I use this feature with clients all the time. The notion that I have to give a client control of my desktop simply so they can annotate my screen seems like overkill and really kills momentum in a meeting. Plus, often i have multiple clients in a meeting that need to draw at the same time.

Is there a plan for the drawing functionality in the Classic version ("Allow attendees to draw") to be added to the new GoToMeeting?

eirwin
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Technically yes, the new version of GoTo allows one person to draw at a time, but it is very dysfunctional. While one person can only draw at time, you then have to erase the screen and give control to another, then if you need to change the person drawing, again, erase and give control. No collaboration or creative flow to a design meeting. We, like others use Go To Meeting as a design tool where we have several attendees drawing at the same time to bring forward ideas and design solutions for our landscape architecture firm. Now that GoTo has permanently deactivated the Classic version we find new GoTo very unintuitive and frustrating. I have heard that a new beta version of GoTo may incorporate the older All Attendees can Draw feature again, When will this be released? We, along with many others, need this feature back in GoTo.  Interesting that even on your website you show a screenshot under the Draw Feature of GoTo Meeting of Attendees can draw. Very misleading...false advertising actually...

eirwin_0-1680184815159.png

Please let us know when a new version of GoTo will incorporate the Attendees can draw feature. 

thank you,

Erick

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @eirwin, welcome to the community.

I currently do not have an ETA for when multiple attendees will be able to draw at the same time using the native drawing tools, but in the meantime have you looked at our Miro board integration that was recently added?  

eirwin
New Contributor

Glenn,

Thank you, I did see Miro but unfortunately it still doesn't quite do what we do with drawing. See below.

2023-04-12_10-25-10.jpg

We have us a google earth image and use the drawing tools for design charettes.

It seems as though the classic version is back maybe, was it disabled for a while?

thank you,

Erick 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Miro does support the importing of images, so if you're working with a static image you should be able to achieve a similar result.