cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CityKidzIT
New Contributor

Using the Chat

I'm confused about Chat vs Comments.  I see that I can create comments in the ticket; but are they private to me?  And when I use Chat in Teams within the context of the ticket, the end user doesn't see them.  Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Using the Chat

Hi @CityKidzIT  

Welcome to the Community.  

Comments belong to tickets:
  1. Any comment added to a ticket in Teams will be attached to the ticket and will be visible in other places such as the web portal.
  2. A comment added in Teams will be visible to the end-user submitting the ticket.
  3. If the comment was added in the web portal, currently it will not be visible in Teams, even if the "Hide comment from customer" is not checked.
Chat is the same as the native Teams chat:
  1. This is visible to the participants of the chat. When a ticket is created in Teams the GoTo Resolve Bot is sending the details of the ticket. This means that if you reply to a ticket in Teams you are actually chatting with the bot, and not the end-user submitting the ticket.
  2. If you would like to chat with the end-user then you need to use Teams' Chat function.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
CityKidzIT
New Contributor

Re: Using the Chat

Is their a roadmap to fix this behaviour?  Because clearly end users think, and rightly so, that if they click "Reply" below a ticket in Teams, they are speaking with the Helpdesk technician who took their ticket.  If they are only talking to the Bot, then the Bot needs to take their message and direct it to the technician.  Anything short of this is halfhearted design.