cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GLAADIT
New Contributor

Admin mode does not show UAC prompts

Hello,

Remoting into user systems is fine for basic tasks, but since we are all in a WFH situation and most of our user computers are connected to our domain network via VPN.  Our AD is pretty locked down and requires AD admin credentials to do pretty much anything.

My question is, why can't I see UAC prompts to enter my AD admin credentials using gotoassist?  I do not want to disable UAC nor give my users admin credentials.

Is there any workaround to this?  Otherwise, we may need a different remote tool.  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
GLAADIT
New Contributor

Re: Admin mode does not show UAC prompts

I have also pushed the unattended msi to all systems and while I can connect to their systems, I can not type in any credentials (admin mode is on).  I can click around with the mouse, but my keyboard does not function.  Is there any way around this?  Thank you.

GLAADIT
New Contributor

Looking at other threads, it seems I must use GotoAssist expert.  Upon downloading this, I am able to input credentials, but it differs quite a lot from v5.0.  I am also getting a lot of errors to set up unattended access with this version (4.8).  When will version 5.0 have the same features where I can interact with UAC and admin credential prompts?  Thank you.

Varnell_SD

Facing same problem please help

help will be appreciated 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

The new terminology with GoToAssist V5 is called 'Admin Mode' instead of 'Run as a Service'. 

Reference guide:  https://help.gotoassist.com/remote-support/help/restart-the-gotoassist-remote-support-by-logmein-app...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!