cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregkun
Active Contributor

Questions about v5

What really is the point of v5? Is it supposed to replace v4? It seems to be a completely inferior product that it and it has been all through beta and launch. 

My current major gripes around it is that, there isn't any notification when someone joins a session anymore, the session keys are times to 10 minutes which is killing me, and I worked off of an ultrawide at home, I liked being able to expand the window and have both monitors a user would have on the screen at the same time instead of hitting the button. I know that's a bit niche but it was still really nice.

I would like to talk to someone and see what the mindset behind the development is. 

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Questions about v5

Hi @gregkun,

In September we increased the session time out to 60 minutes for paid accounts, so if it has been a while since you tried v5 you may want to test it again. Notifications for when a client joins a session and improved multi-monitor support are being worked on currently and should be available early in 2021. For established GoToAssist customers that have been using v4 on their accounts for the last few years it is still available, but I encourage you try v5 again on a regular basis as it has received a lot of improvements based on customer feedback. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
gregkun
Active Contributor

I am currently using it as a daily driver, I am still stuck at 10 minutes per key.  I have 10 paid licenses so not sure what's going on there. 

RudyM12
New Contributor

I for one can't get used to the new version, in my case i have two complaints;

1) the left sidebar, it's too wide. when providing support there is no need to see activity on any other session. I know you can hide it, but when you are supporting multiple sessions at a time it's nice to be able to switch between them.  It's just too wide.

2) Speed is extremely slow in comparison to V4. when scrolling or moving the mouse from point a to point b you have to wait a few seconds for it to respond. This does not happen in V4 

i am not saying V4 is perfect but it did and does a VERY GOOD job. 

As an original user from the beta days, I have always loved the product because of its ease of use, My current RMM offers remote support at no extra fee, but i still pay for GoToAssist because i like the product.

I can also tell you if they discontinue V4 and V5 does not get any better I will be saving myself some money.

Rudy

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@gregkun Thank you for confirming, it should definitely be 60 minutes for you so I am looking into this now.

@RudyM12 Thank you for the feedback, it is appreciated. I know that improving in session performance is a high priority for the team and something they will be focussing on into 2021, along with some more feature parity. Please keep the feedback coming as new releases happen.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@gregkun  The 10 minute session key issue should now be resolved.

gregkun
Active Contributor

Great thanks, Im glad I have updates to look forward to in 2021!