cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostinCA
New Contributor

disable log off on disconnect

Hello there. i'm using gotoassist and for some reason within the past week or so, whenever i disconnect from an unattended compute, it logs the user off. I need this not to happen. Any ideas? I saw old posts on how to do this on v4. nothing on v5

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: disable log off on disconnect

@LostinCA  There is no option currently to leave an Unattended machine unlocked after a disconnect.

Attended sessions should not lock upon disconnect though.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
LostinCA
New Contributor

Thanks. Thats a big problem for me. There is a service that runs on the computer that requires the user to be logged in. This just started happening recently. I was scratching my head on why the application would always become unavailable every time I logged off. The solution is now unusable to me. Back to RDP (which lets me disconnect without logoff). Logmein, Please FIX THIS!

Very frustrating. Thanks for the help and verification Ash. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@LostinCA  As far as I know disconnecting from a computer should not log the current user out --- just lock the screen.  Can you specify what operating systems this is happening with?

LostinCA
New Contributor

Windows 10

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

And when you reconnect with the affected Windows PC do you have to enter the user name again, or just password?

Mark_Jenkins
Active Contributor

Hope this helps. With Windows 10 as the client using Web GTA I find if the user is logged in on unattended device I can connect and disconnect without logging the user off. If I connect and the client has stored credentials and a user is not logged in, then it will log me in and out after session.

LostinCA
New Contributor

Ah, sounds like we are getting somewhere. I enabled RDP as a backup. I’m going to do some testing. The system has been logged in by the user for a long time. Only recently was the system rebooted. Credentials are stored.

If I delete stored credentials and manually log in, will it stay logged in upon disconnect?