cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenklabeltraxx
Active Contributor

Black screen when connecting to Windows machines with Trend Micro installed

I have several customer now with Windows computers running Windows 10 Pro, Windows 2016 Server or 2019 Server where Trend Micro AV is installed. I try to connect with Go To Assist Unattended Support and the session starts, it's says Connecting...then I just get a black screen.  After about 30 seconds I get a message that says "Some programs, especially antivirus programs, cause remote support sessions to quit because they don't allow remote computer access.  Please disable any unnecessary programs or remote access restrictions on the unattended machine and try again."  

I was able to get one of the customers to uninstall Trend Micro and I am now able to remotely access their Windows computer again, but the other 2 customers refuse to uninstall Trend Micro.  I have asked LMI support what needs to be done to allow Go To Assist Unattended to work with Trend Micro.  LMI support gave me this link to whitelisting and firewall configuration https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/optimal-firewall-configuration-g2w060025 which does not help.  Has anyone else run into this issue with Trend Micro?  Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Black screen when connecting to Windows machines with Trend Micro installed

Hi @kenklabeltraxx 

I'm afraid you will need to dig into the Trend Micro settings to find an option to either allow GoToAssist or have your client temporarily disable it before any support sessions. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @kenklabeltraxx 

I'm afraid you will need to dig into the Trend Micro settings to find an option to either allow GoToAssist or have your client temporarily disable it before any support sessions. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
lnutten59

Hi,

We have the same problems with Windows Server 2016 and 2019 since novembre. Unbale to connect to the device except if we unload the antivirus Trend Micro (Worry Free Business Security Services). The problem exist too with lastest Windows 10...

No problem with Windows 7/8/8.1 and Windows Server 2008R2 / 2012 / 2012R2...

Any idea or fix ?

Best regards 

Cozmo99
Visitor

Hello

Same problem here. Please provide fix or any idea.

Best Regards,

Cozmo