cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam Dullage
New Contributor

Can you add all users to a device group rather than user-by-user?

When we create a new device group, we are currently having to go into each user to add that group to their Device Groups list (for most new groups we set up we want all users to have access).

Surely there is any easier way to roll out permissions on a device group, am I missing something?
4 REPLIES 4
Fred Marshall
Contributor

Re: Can you add all users to a device group rather than user-by-user?

I'm not much of a "server guy" but I received advice recently that may fit your question.

If you are going to provide sharing permissions and security settings for shares on a workstation, the propagation time is quite long indeed.  It's much quicker in making changes to assign the permissions to a group and then add/remove users from that group (those groups) as the propagation has already been done.

Adam Dullage
New Contributor

Thanks Fred however I can't seem to find any option to assign device group permissions to a user groups. Do you know where / how you can do this?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Adam,

You can add multiple users or all users to device groups by doing the following:
  • Sign into your account and select Manage People and Devices from the menu on the right
  • Select Manage Users
  • Select multiple users from the list or Select All at the bottom of the page
  • Click on Manage Device Groups at the bottom of the page
  • Select the Device Group(s) and then click Grant Access

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Adam Dullage
New Contributor

That's what I was looking for, thanks Glenn. Seems obvious now I know it's there.