cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GMP
Active Contributor

Client unable to load GoToAssist

Our client is trying to join a GoToAssist session. After entering the code and the downloading the software he is getting an error box saying 'GotoAssist could not start its service component on your computer. Please reinstall the customer application and try again.' He has dobne this and gets the same message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Client unable to load GoToAssist

Hi @GMP,

Sorry for the frustration. Do you know if you client has admin rights on their computer? Do you have your Remote Support Preferences set to start all sessions Running as a Service by default? If so, you might want to try changing that Preference and trying again. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @GMP,

Sorry for the frustration. Do you know if you client has admin rights on their computer? Do you have your Remote Support Preferences set to start all sessions Running as a Service by default? If so, you might want to try changing that Preference and trying again. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
GMP
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the response. I will try to look at it today but it maybe next week before I can get around to it.

Thanks,

Martin

GMP
Active Contributor

Hi,

Finally go through to the client today. I have logged on okay today. I can confirm we do Run as a service, I suspect the user wasn't logged on as the administrator.

Thanks,

Martin