cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markus11
New Contributor

Connection issues with Remote Support

Hi there, do you have actual connecting problems? I can't connect with my Mac even with my iPad? In the dashboard I can see all devices, but the apps won't work. Thanks for your support
16 REPLIES 16
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Connection issues with Remote Support

Hi Markus,
Sorry for the connection difficulties there.

Have you tried connecting to your devices through an alternate network to test further?

Markus11
New Contributor

hi These, just I did a connect with my android phone....this works. But under my Mac and iPad not. I made. a restart of my router, but still the problem and furthermore the app crashes.

Regards Markus
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Markus,

Please provide the following information:
  • What version of GoToAssist Remote Support are you running on your Mac?
  • Can you generate a new support session using the Expert software?
  • At what point does the application crash, is there an error message?
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Pam Padley
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled After my GoToAssist updated I'm getting The connection Failed..

It did the update and now I'm getting "The Connection Failed. Please check your internet connection and try again.  But as you can see my internet connect is fine.  Are you having issues?  Thanks Pam
Randy_J
Active Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled GoToAssist has encountered an unexpected error. Please try again..

Systray icon shows connected one second (and blue in color), then not connected (and gray) the next second, and then back every few seconds. When logging in, get error above.

Windows 10 Pro 1709
Version: 4.0 Build 1537
Server: egw1.express.gotoassist.com

Update: Doesn't work from my Android phone either. (Note 😎
Markus11
New Contributor

Hi Glenn. the problem is solved now. My router has an entry for an free dns service too point to a machine. The cable for that machine was unplugged. After the plugin I get an connect with goto assists. Don't know if this is the point for the issue or by chance my line was ok again.
So at least everything is ok again.

Thanks for your support

Markus   
Randy_J
Active Contributor

So, a few tickets got merged together, but still nothing regarding the fact that there may be something wrong, errrm, that there IS something wrong?
Randy_J
Active Contributor

This may be the issue for you, but not for everyone, like myself. I can't connect from 2 different ISPs.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi, 

I've merged these 3 topics as you all seem to be having connection issues at the same time. This appears to be related to the new v4.0 build 1537, the first thing I would ask you to do is gather the log files from your computer and upload them here: https://logmeininc-my.sharepoint.com/personal/glenn_dobson_logmein_com/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?...

The log files can be found in: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp\LogMeInLogs

After that, uninstall the existing GoToAssist Remote Support software from your computers (this will clean out the older versions), then reinstall and try an attended session as a test.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!