cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Don't Like the new interface color. Please let me customize it!

My users and I can't stand this new white theme - it's beyond ridiculous. Looking into other options for remote support software (good to see that I'm not the only one).
Active Contributor

So here it is, one YEAR and 4+weeks later since the response, (it is being looked at in future versions), and yet GotoAssist users are stuck with the white interface that is hard on the eyes and causes headaches.    Going back to version 2.7 is no longer an option since it is being discontinued Jan 01, 2018

Way to listen to your customers, LogMeIn.  One cannot help but think this is deliberate to encourage people to switch to LogMeIn Rescue, which is more than double the price, (with Unattended access support).  

At least when GotoAssit was still with Citrix, the customer service personal actually listened and was helpful. 

LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Since the merger earlier this year we have been focussed on getting our new product team up to speed with the GoToAssist products and code, and then the migration of all of the GoToAssist products off of any and all Citrix resources.

Right now we are in the process of migrating all GoToAssist customers off of the older Citrix releases and onto the first LogMeIn version. We are already working on the next release after that which should inculde fixes for two outstanding issues.

A darker UI option is still planned for a future update.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

We just were forced to update from 1092 today and stuck with this very bad UI that I have been avoiding for a year now.  This foced update has totally broke the ability to use a link to connect only Unattended works now.  This and the combination of this very poor UI is the last nail in the coffin.  We will not renew and will replace GoToAssist ASAP. 

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @ViciousMagician,

I apologize if the update was unexpercted, we have been proactively messaging that it was required through multiple channels since July. The update is required, as all versions of Remote Support that were released under Citrix will stop working in a few weeks.

Can you please explain what you mean by "totally broke the ability to use a link to connect only Unattended works now"?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that the dark theme has not been forgotten, I have seen a prototype of it and we're looking forward to making it available in the coming weeks.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

GoToAssist Remote Support v4.4 build 1599 is now available as an Infrequent Build, it includes a Dark Theme option for Windows users and a  fix for the Mac screen sharing crash issue, and Mac keyboard entry issue. Please try it out and let us know if you see an improvement.

Active Contributor

The stored password pop-up in the dark theme needs some work.

2018-05-31_22-57-15.jpg

Highlighted
Active Contributor

First, I would like to apologize for two things: - my previous post which could be viewed as negative / sarcastic, and second, for my late response to this topic.  

Although it took some time, it appears LogMeIn is indeed trying to accommodate the complaints they have received, ( from myself as well),  and have since released a dark theme.    It may not be the prettiest interface, but it is definitely   easier on the eye verses the light theme.    :thumbs up LogMeIn for listening.  

LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Just wanted to mention that RescueAssist now has a Dark Theme available also.  Hopefully, you are all subscribed to this post and staying up to date with all of the releases for RescueAssist