cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulwsyd

GoTo Opener Error "Timestamp signature or certificate could not be verified or is malformed"

Attempting to set up a session for a user and get the following:

timestamp.png

Log files here:

https://pastebin.com/7eZRpQ7N

Tried installing security certificates from this fix but got the same result:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToAssist-Remote-Support/GoTo-Opener-encountered-an-error-after-in...

Not sure what else I can try here. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manoliar
Visitor

Re: GoTo Opener Error "Timestamp signature or certificate could not be verified or is malformed

I solved the problem.
The problem arises if windows (for some reason) “do not automatically update root certificates”. This has many other issues.
1. Download https://www.digicert.com/util/ digicert certificate utility for windows
2. Run the utility and from the menu select “tools” and then AutoRootUpdate.
3. Change the setting to ‘Disabled’ . (Yes ‘Disabled’). Problem solved

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoTo Opener Error "Timestamp signature or certificate could not be verified or is malformed"

Hi,

I apologize for the ongoing issue there.

If the suggested workaround does not work, I expect a permanent solution from our developers in the near future.

Thanks for your patience.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Lee Adler
New Contributor

Re: GoTo Opener Error "Timestamp signature or certificate could not be verified or is malformed

Is this an expired  certificate issue  ?

How can we check this to confirm ?

I have reported same issue from on of our country suupport desks

brianmiller_tui
Visitor

Have there been any updates for this issue. I am getting the same error message and have been unable to install the application to have remote support from a vendor.

Onaya
Visitor

Problem with go to opener

Hi,

We've a problem with the downloading  of  "go to opener" it is at the outside and never end. 

we often have the problem

how we can proceed ? 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

The issue has been identified as being caused by Windows Error Code - 0X800B010E.

Our Engineering Team is evaluating if there is any possible fix on our side to get around the Windows error.

As a workaround, we have noted that uninstalling everything 'GoTo' related, and then downloading the desktop standalone app should work.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

I apologize for the frustration that this issue has been causing you. We have tried unsuccessfully to recreate the issue internally but what we believe what is happening is Windows is unable to update it's internal certificate revocation lists for some reason and sees the existing database as invalid. Unfortunately, there are a number of things that could cause this (firewalls etc), so it might not be the same for each of you.

You should be able to verify this by inspecting the downloaded file as described here: https://www.sslsupportdesk.com/how-to-verify-a-digital-code-signing-signature-in-windows/  

The workaround currently is to use the standalone Customer app: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/use-the-gotoassist-customer-attended-s...

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
KevinOBWan

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reference to the MS error code.  After ensuring that the time on the remote PC was correct, we ran a SFC /scannow on it (recommendation from the MS KB), which found no issues, but apparently reset the certificate database that the installer took issue with enough that the next time the opener ran, it completed successfully without having to scrub everything GTA off the PC and install the standalone.

We will try this on another victim to see if this is a valid workaround/cure, but so far, we are good.

goflyers215

having the same issue. tried sfc /scannow and tried to  DigiCert SHA2 certificate. Neither option worked.

what's the issue and how to fix it?

BraceSupport
Active Contributor

Another GTA update...another classic fail!   

Based on the discussion, this error has plague GTA since at least 10/2019 - I stopped looking.   

Hows that 'permanent' fix coming from the developers?