cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rolf1
New Contributor

GoToAssist Mac 64bit application

With Apple starting to stop supporting 32bit applications on macOS, when are we likely to see a 64bit version of the software released?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: GoToAssist Mac 64bit application

Hi @josh21293235 

Regular (default) Build will be released on October 19, 2019

• All agents whose account update settings are configured for Regular Updates or Regular & Beta Updates will receive an update of the latest version (v4.7, b1673) for the GoToAssist Expert and Customer desktop applications on of Saturday, October 19, 2019.   Please see below for the changes included in this release.

I am not sure when it will be approved for Regular updates, I would expect it will take at least a week of real-world testing. Once you have set your account to use the new version, your existing Unattended computers will start self-updating to it and all of your Attended sessions will use that version as well.

Update the GoToAssist Desktop Applications   

1.  Sign in to your account on the website
  2.  From the menu on the top right select Manage People and Devices
  3.  Select Admin Settings
  4.  Scroll down to Build Version Updates in GoToAssist Remote Support and click Edit
  5.  Select Regular & Beta Updates then click Save 
  6.  Once you have done that go back to your Dashboard page (up.gotoassist.com) and Start a support session to trigger the download and install the new Expert version on your Mac running Catalina. If you haven't upgraded your Mac to Catalina yet you can also just exit the App and launch it agin to trigger the update.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Rolf1,

I am checking with our team but, it is my understanding that we are already prepared for this change.

Jean-David Frad
Regular Visitor

Sorry I created a duplicate post for this but we really need an answer on this ASAP.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/12/17228374/apple-macos-32-bit-app-alert

GlennD
GoTo Manager

No worries @Jean-David Frad, I've archived the duplicate.  

We're prepared for this change and I believe that it will be addressed in the next release which is currently being worked on.  I do not have a hard date just yet but I expect it before the end of May.  I will post an update once we are closer to release and I have a reliable ETA

pbrazell
New Contributor

So it looks like this has been a plan for over a year and still no 64 bit version of the mac app. Whats the update on it?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@pbrazell  You should have no problem installing Remote Support on a 64 bit Mac.  Are you currently experiencing some errors during this process?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
pbrazell
New Contributor

This is for the GoToAssist Expert application for technicians. MacOS Catalina will be getting rid of 64 bit support for mac apps in September/October. Right now im getting warnings on Mojave saying it will no longer be supported. The current GoToAssist Expert application is 32 bit

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

We plan to have a 64 bit version ready for deployment before Apple stops supporting 32 bit applications, and will update the Community soon with more info.  Thanks for your patience.

dsankovich_pff

Is there an update on this? We have a few technicians who cannot use GoToAssist with the new version of MacOS Catalina 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @dsankovich_pff ,

No to worry!  Once Mac has full support for an operating system, we will be sure to follow suit.  Until that time, we haven't finished testing, so cannot share any results yet.