cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marintech
Active Contributor

Re: GoToAssist Mac 64bit application

Tomorrow is the release date and still we have not had an update, still running a 32bit version. Is something actually going to be updated before tomorrow's release of MacOS Catalina?

marintech
Active Contributor

Reached out to support and just got this response. I'm not holding out any hope since they have been saying this for over a year. Going to force us to use that riduclous web based rescueassist. This is unacceptable.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting LogMein!

We really appreciate your time, I was verifying that the
update will affect only our GoToAssist Remote Software
and it is being tested now, it should be ready within a 
couple of weeks.

You  will be able to use Rescue Assist since it is web based.
You can login to Rescue Assist at https://console.gotoassist.com/

If you have additional questions or need further assistance
do not hesitate to contact  us or reply to this email.

Thank you,

Mildred | Associate Product Support Representative 
LogMeIn
www.LogMeIn.com

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

We are finishing up things on the new Mac 64 bit version of GoToAssist Remote Support and plan to release it early next week.

Here is what you need to know:

1. If you use a Mac to support your customers, do not update to Catalina until you have updated to the Remote Support release or you will not be able to use the technician software. You can use RescueAssist on Catalina now as it is already a 64 bit application.
  2. You will need to update your Mac Unattended to the new release before upgrading to Catalina.
  3. We will be releasing the update as an Infrequent Update initially, so you will need to set the Mac or it's device group to Infrequent Updates and then select the new version in order for the Unattended Mac to receive it.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

GoToAssist Remote Support version 4.7 Build 1673 (Catalina support) has been released to the Infrequent and Regular&Beta channels: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/about-infrequent-updates-g2ars090080

josh21293235
New Contributor

When will it go into regular updates? Right now, when I go to the public website to download the expert version for mac, it still downloads 1610. Will the newer version send out links with the latest version, or does the customer have to be an unattended computer as well?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @josh21293235 

Regular (default) Build will be released on October 19, 2019

• All agents whose account update settings are configured for Regular Updates or Regular & Beta Updates will receive an update of the latest version (v4.7, b1673) for the GoToAssist Expert and Customer desktop applications on of Saturday, October 19, 2019.   Please see below for the changes included in this release.

I am not sure when it will be approved for Regular updates, I would expect it will take at least a week of real-world testing. Once you have set your account to use the new version, your existing Unattended computers will start self-updating to it and all of your Attended sessions will use that version as well.

Update the GoToAssist Desktop Applications   

1.  Sign in to your account on the website
  2.  From the menu on the top right select Manage People and Devices
  3.  Select Admin Settings
  4.  Scroll down to Build Version Updates in GoToAssist Remote Support and click Edit
  5.  Select Regular & Beta Updates then click Save 
  6.  Once you have done that go back to your Dashboard page (up.gotoassist.com) and Start a support session to trigger the download and install the new Expert version on your Mac running Catalina. If you haven't upgraded your Mac to Catalina yet you can also just exit the App and launch it agin to trigger the update.

josh21293235
New Contributor

How would I go about downloading the correct GoToAssist Expert version to run on Catalina?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Just amended my last post to include those steps.

josh21293235
New Contributor

How would I go about it by testing it on a single device? I would rather not force all our computers to go to a beta version.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

If you set one specific Unattended computer to the Beta & Regular updates and then start a session with it, both your Expert App and the Unattended computer will be made to update before the session starts. It doesn't matter if the Unattended computer is a Mac or PC. If your on a Mac that is running Catalina, start the session from the website and it should trigger the correct version download and install it.