cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrburgart
Active Contributor

GoToAssist with write filter on client

We have a bunch of HP mobile thin clients that we use GoToAssist with. We have GTA installed as a service. We login as admin and disable the filter. This requires a reboot. When the laptop reboots, the filter is "still active" and the session terminates during the reboot. Once the filter is disabled, sessions stay connected during reboots. I am looking for the path to add to the write filter exclusion list. If I add the c:\windows directory to the exclusions, the session stays active during reboots. I, obviously, dont want to exclued the entire widows directory. Can someone help narrow it down so I dont have to test all the folders, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jrburgart
Active Contributor

Re: GoToAssist with write filter on client

Ok, so after a couple of days testing and rebooting its the "c:\windows system32\config" folder. Tested with Windows 7 and Windows 10 mobile thin laptops. 

If I had time, I would nail it down further, but for my purposes, thats all that is needed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jrburgart The path for Remote Support Unattended's setup is C:\Program Files (x86)\GoToAssist Remote Support Customer\1599\g2ax_service.exe , where the number represents the current GoToAssist build installed. 

Hope this helps!

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jrburgart
Active Contributor

I did try to add the "C:\Program Files (x86)\GoToAssist Remote Support Customer" folder, and the connection still broke. What needs to be excluded is in the "C:\Windows" folder somewhere...

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Have you also whitelisted the 'appdata' folder?  (This is where G2A starts the update process)

ex:  C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GoToAssist

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jrburgart
Active Contributor

When I whitelisted the C:\Windows folder, it did what I wanted it to do. The "file(s)" that I need to preserve is in the windows folder. I just dont want to whitelist the entire windows folder.

jrburgart
Active Contributor

Ok, so after a couple of days testing and rebooting its the "c:\windows system32\config" folder. Tested with Windows 7 and Windows 10 mobile thin laptops. 

If I had time, I would nail it down further, but for my purposes, thats all that is needed.