cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John A1

Re: Group policy is blocking the installer from running in app data ( due to security) Help!

I have had the Cryptoblocker prevention running for a number of years and never had a problem with GotoAssist ( FastSupport ) now users cannot launch the application ( they are not installing it just running ).  please fix so that it works as it did.
Derrick Pullen1

Re: Group policy is blocking the installer from running in app data ( due to security) Help!

Same here John A
Eric Crawford1

Here's what worked for us, whitelist this:  %localappdata%\GoToAssist Remote Support Customer\g2ax_customer_combined_dll_core_win32_x86_1361.exe

Or to avoid the inevitable rename of file... %localappdata%\GoToAssist Remote Support Customer\g2ax*.exe

eric
mowgus

Your own links are broken Glenn.... try going to the link.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

The link has been updated. The install paths will be updated at a latter date as they no longer include Citrix in the path.
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Michael Sandova
Visitor

Same thing here. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm very sorry, the local appdata folder is required in order to launch the GoToMeeting application during the web browser flow.

Have you considered the Multi-User MSI at all?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
sndchsr

The MSI didn't work for me. I had to whitelist the path in the group policy. Since so much malware uses the appdata folder to process, you should really consider changing the path.
John A1

this is still an issue

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@JohnA1  If you do not have permissions to run downloads through the AppData folder, have you considered using the GoToMeeting Web App instead?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!