cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flashEE
Active Contributor

How do I get my GoToAssist back?

During yesterday's outage I uninstalled GotoAssist as part of troubleshooting and now I don't see how to reinstall it. Do I really need to go to the web site each time now instead of just clicking on the desktop shortcut I used to have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
flashEE
Active Contributor

Re: How do I get my GoToAssist back?

I'm a tech support guy, so I'm familiar with needing to be connected to the Internet, how shortcuts work, etc. Perhaps I have been using GotoAssist for such a very long time that I missed where the installed-and-launch-from-shortcut was dropped by LogMeIn. The exe is just sitting in C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\GoToAssist Remote Support Expert\1610 so perhaps making a shortcut to g2ax_start.exe will give me the functionality I've been accustomed to using since the Citrix era, where the desktop shorcut was pointed to C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Citrix\GoToAssist Remote Support Expert\1251\g2ax_start.exe, which is from the user perspective preferable to waiting on a web browser and GoToOpener.exe every time I need to use the application.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@flashEE  I'm afraid if you uninstalled the GoToAssist endpoint software then the shortcut you see is just an empty place holder.  The software always downloads from LMI servers, which does require access to the internet -- i.e. through a desktop web browser or mobile device app store.

Here's a support document for easy access:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/download-and-install-gotoassist-expert...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
flashEE
Active Contributor

I'm a tech support guy, so I'm familiar with needing to be connected to the Internet, how shortcuts work, etc. Perhaps I have been using GotoAssist for such a very long time that I missed where the installed-and-launch-from-shortcut was dropped by LogMeIn. The exe is just sitting in C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\GoToAssist Remote Support Expert\1610 so perhaps making a shortcut to g2ax_start.exe will give me the functionality I've been accustomed to using since the Citrix era, where the desktop shorcut was pointed to C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Citrix\GoToAssist Remote Support Expert\1251\g2ax_start.exe, which is from the user perspective preferable to waiting on a web browser and GoToOpener.exe every time I need to use the application.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@flashEE  Once you reinstall the application, you can definitely recreate the shortcut -- though I would suggest utilizing the taskbar icon instead, if GoToAssist is set to start automatically already.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!