cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason1111
Active Contributor

Key functionality lost!

Hi 

It would appear some changes have been made at your end that has disabled a key function within the service desk.

Previously, when you click 'start support session' from within an incident, you are prompted to download the GTA installer which opens up GTA expert and allows the incident submitter to join a support session.

When the client joins, the customers details are piped into the GTA support session, with their name etc, and once the session has ended, the remote session is logged within the incident including the length of the session which is key information required when billing clients and maintaining transparency. (see bellow)

Today however, instead of the g2ax_expert_downloader_win32_x86.exe being downloaded, it's a GoToAssist Opener.exe.

The customer joins with 'Customer #', not their name, and after the session has ended, nothing is logged within the service desk. Not only is the fact that the session is not recorded within the incident a major issue, when you have multiple support sessions on the go, Customer # makes life exceptionally difficult.

As said, this is an essential function and I would like to know if this is now 'as intended' or if a fix will be published?

Many thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Key functionality lost!

Hi Jason,

I'll open a ticket for this right away. The Opener.exe is just a rebranded version of our original Launcher, it is responsible for downloading and/or launching the GoToAssist software on a user's computer. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jason1111
Active Contributor

Hi Glen, very much appreciate this.

Not sure I can agree the opener is a straightforward re-brand as there's definitely some changes at the user end.

Mainly, the opener now launches the GTA Expert (which is great) whereas before I was always forced to download the original .exe to hard drive and run it before the expert would open.   I did always find the latter a pain, but I just lived with it.

I'll post a troubleshooting vid later as I noticed a couple of other things that might help. 
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

It sounds like the previous Launcher was not installed/operating correctly on your computer, the new Opener is though. Their purpose is to launcher the software when you click on an external link to start or join a session. If the user doesn't have GoToAssist installed already it downloads and installs it first. 

jason1111
Active Contributor

Never worked like that Glenn. Only now that the new Opener has been downloaded does it auto launch the application. Prior to that, I was always forced to re-download and run the old .exe, and this was the case on my home PC, laptop, and several work PC's, all which had the GTA Expert installed.

Perhaps it was a chrome thing. 
jason1111
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn, just wondering if you'd had any feed back from the dev team on this issue?

Jason
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Jason,

I just got confirmation back that we have been able to recreate this issue internally, so this has been escalated to the product team. In the meantime, we were able to find a temporary work around.

While you are still in the Remote Support session, if you click on the Service Desk icon in your tool bar

and search for the Incident, you can manually attach it.

Jason934
New Contributor

Sorry, didn't get back to you on this. All good now, many thanks. 

New name is Jason934, for some reason I was forced to change it.